Outdoor TV screen glare?

1,677 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ChessieHuntingAg
ncttc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there any type of film you can buy and put on the screen so the glare from the sunlight is not so bad? TIA
cavscout96
AG
Move it so it's mounted with the screen facing N-NE.

And / or

Raise it up and tilt it down.
Post removed:
by user
EliteElectric
I've fought this battle for years with no solution. Our house faces north so pool is on south side of the home. We've tried about everything over the years and settled on just not watching TV from the pool during mid day. If anyone has a solution please share.
ncttc
Same thing here! Glare while watching in the pool. Cant really change the angle of the TV. I'm sure the water has a lot to do with the glare.
ncttc
Thank you for the replies! If I find anything, I will let you know.
taxpreparer
AG
You might try posting this on the nerdery.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Sailor
Samsung Outdoor TV with Anti-Glare Coatings and 2000 nits brightness

If you folks want to solve the glare issue, it is done in two ways: Anti-Glare coatings and boosting display brightness (backlight). It ain't cheap, but would certainly solve the problem.

If you go through a McD's drive-thru, all of them have similar displays but those are commercial-use oriented, made to go 24/7/365 for 5+ years.

There are other manufacturers of Outdoor displays such as PeerlessAV, Sunbrite, etc.
ChessieHuntingAg
AG
Best solution is to get an outdoor rated TV with a high nit count. I installed a Saura last year for a client and it was pretty impressive. Also, not cheap.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.