Email address for KBTX?

2,302 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Donny Hall
MisterShipWreck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wanted to send an email to KBTX, but the only email listed on their site is: publicfile@kbtx.com. I sent an email and it bounced back as a non valid email address.

I wanted to send a complaint to them to see if they could resolve an issue.

I stream their newscasts from their website... The problem is that when KBTX plays the streaming commercials (during the commercial breaks), the volume in the commercials is literally 2x the volume of the newscasts.

I keep having to lower the volume, since I live in an apartment. Then, put it back up when the newscast comes back on.
FracAg10
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/about-us/contact-us/

Engineer: keller@kbtx.com
Operations Manager: colvin@kbtx.com
trouble
AG
Good luck. It's a problem on lots of streaming platforms. ESPN is esp bad about it
MisterShipWreck
Thanks
Donny Hall
depending on your platform you can normalize audio (make it all a similar volume)

https://pureinfotech.com/normalize-sound-volume-windows-10/
histag10
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

I wanted to send an email to KBTX, but the only email listed on their site is: publicfile@kbtx.com. I sent an email and it bounced back as a non valid email address.

I stream their newscasts from their website... The problem is that when KBTX plays the streaming commercials (during the commercial breaks), the volume in the commercials is literally 2x the volume of the newscasts.

I keep having to lower the volume, since I live in an apartment. Then, put it back up when the newscast comes back on.

Just as an FYI, most channels have 1.5-2 volume increase on commercials. It has always been that way. It supposedly makes people listen to them, even if they leave the room during the commercials. 0
MisterShipWreck
Donny Hall said:

depending on your platform you can normalize audio (make it all a similar volume)

https://pureinfotech.com/normalize-sound-volume-windows-10/
Usually, I am streaming on a chromebox.

I live in an apartment, and the volume jumps so loud I have to mute the commercials so the neighbors do not complain.

If they played the news cast at the same volume as the commercials, it would be so much better. I don't even listen to the commercial when it is so loud and I have to mute the TV
txyaloo
AG
histag10 said:

MisterShipWreck said:

Just as an FYI, most channels have 1.5-2 volume increase on commercials. It has always been that way. It supposedly makes people listen to them, even if they leave the room during the commercials. 0
That practice has been illegal for at least a decade

https://www.fcc.gov/media/policy/loud-commercials
histag10
AG
txyaloo said:

histag10 said:

MisterShipWreck said:

That practice has been illegal for at least a decade

https://www.fcc.gov/media/policy/loud-commercials

That law only technically applies to actual aired programming on a tv, not streamed media (the link you provided even states it does not apply to radio or internet)
MisterShipWreck
Well, I emailed them right after I started the thread. No response and no change... Oh well...
Donny Hall
a soundbar with "night mode" could work in theory but im not sure... they work by compressing the dynamic range of the audio and could achieve this correction for you
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.