Mosquitoes

3,500 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggiebyblood
poolgirl1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone used their pest control company to get rid of mosquitoes in their yard?
MiMi
S
Venus Pest Company treats my yard monthly for mosquitoes.
poolgirl1
Thank you Mimi
mr83tr88
AG
We use Aggieland Green. I called several companies, compared costs, guarantees, etc. Aggieland Green had best price and guarantee. We have found them to be very effective!
Greener LawnScapes
Howdy! We provide mosquito treatment service (as well as other lawn and landscape services). We get best results when there is adequate landscaping, shrubs, underbrush or trees for us to treat. As the mosquitoes rest in the foliage during the day or move through it during the night, they come in contact with the treatment. We treat every three weeks during the mosquito season (April through October). Check out our website for more info or to contact us! - Daniel Sherrod

greenerlawnscapes.com
studioone

We sprayed... once...

killed EVERYTHING.. pill bugs, earthworms, spiders, all the good critters...

never again...
EBrazosAg
AG
Spartan Mosquito Pro Tech.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Love Gun
studioone said:

We sprayed... once...

killed EVERYTHING.. pill bugs, earthworms, spiders, all the good critters...

never again...

MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Ecozapp is probably available.
meezermom
I'm with StudioOne - not only will you end up killing the pesky mosquitoes, but all of your helpful spiders, bees, doodlebugs, etc. I've just resigned myself to pretty much cornering the market on Off! for a few months at this point.
JR Ewing
AG
Josh with Silk Venom is excellent...
MiMi
S
My husband, kids, and grandkids are too allergic to mosquito spit to have them free-range in my yard.
EliteElectric
I've used Aggieland Green. 1st treatment was June 1 and we noticed a drastic reduction, they claim after 2nd or third treatment 98% reduction. We shall see
patrick.redmill
I used a couple different pest control companies. All good folks, but I had very modest success. To be totally fair, I have a really tough mosquito problem.

I'm doing it myself this year and it's much more effective. Nothing special about doing it yourself, other than you can plan the timing and frequency to maximize impact. I use a Tomahawk mosquito fogger and bifenthrin from Tractor Supply. Wear a respirator, glasses, long sleeves/pants and be as conservative as you can. As someone mentioned, you can kill bees, spiders, etc.

The fogger I use:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N64CO0P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_35Q3RXF14AWHKEG91FX7
Hammerheadjim
AG
The techniques used at Disneyworld work amazingly well. Many could work at your home without massive pesticides or fogging.

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/08/no-mosquitoes-disney-world-bb1/

Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
milner79
Hammerheadjim said:

The techniques used at Disneyworld work amazingly well. Many could work at your home without massive pesticides or fogging.

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/08/no-mosquitoes-disney-world-bb1/

Tried this. Took care of the mosquitos, but now I have parades and fireworks in my backyard every night ...
EliteElectric
Mathguy64
AG
So WDW gets rid of mosquitos and vampires at the same time. Nice 2 for 1.
cajunken
A Blue Star for you, sir!
davido
AG
Anyone have good results with mosquito traps?
Aggiebyblood
We started hanging fly glue strips around. Putting them out of sight, even made a mobile station with 2X4 and plywood. All flying bugs around outside lights are gone. No more mosquitos at the front door.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.