Little Kid Pulled Over in a Challenger?

2,367 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TChaney
TheOC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yesterday I was driving down 2818 headed north between 60 and George Bush.

A cop had a Dodge Challenger pulled over in the middle turn lane. (If I remember correctly the Challenger was a gold/copperish color with some red stripes down the middle, but don't quote me on that part). As I was driving by I looked and the cop was outside talking to what appeared to be a young boy! Looked about middle school age. The cop appeared to be lecturing him and the whole time the kid was just staring at his shoes, very dejected, never taking his eyes off the ground.

I expected to see on KBTX about a kid taking a car for a joyride, but haven't seen anything yet. Anybody know anything? Maybe I was just imagining this (I was driving by after all, but I definitely slowed down and stared), maybe it was just a teen who looked very very young. But the demeanor of the young person seemed to confirm what my eyes saw - a little kid pulled over.
BCSWguru
Now that it's on texags it will be on kbtx
joho
I also drove by and saw that traffic stop yesterday. When I passed, the officer was conducting a search of the inside of the guy's car while he waited by the police cruiser. He did look young and skinny but I didn't get a sense of his age.

What I thought was weird, was that was the 2nd time in recent memory I saw someone pulled over *in the median*. In basically that same spot.
Why do people do that?? Do they panic & stop immediately where they are, instead of making an effort to pull off the roadway to the right? That's what got my attention.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
My own weird little kid /traffic related story....

A couple of days ago I saw a kid who couldn't have been more than 11-12 driving a golf cart down the single lane back end of Pebble Creek Parkway. Not only was he driving the cart, he was texting and driving. Not sure what golf cart driving rules are but it was dangerousAF.
denied
I am pretty sure all of the people over in Pebble Creek that drive their carts all around are illegally operating a vehicle on a public roadway.
techno-ag
AG
Is Pebble Creek one of those places where the HOA allows carts to be driven around? Some country club communities are like that.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
denied
Except those are city streets around Pebble Creek and not private drives like in the HOAs you describe.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
techno-ag said:

Is Pebble Creek one of those places where the HOA allows carts to be driven around? Some country club communities are like that.

I don't know if its allowed but lotsa people do it. And its especially dangerous in this day of distracted driving. They probably need to make that narrow strip of road double lane at some point.
Smeghead4761
As a cop, yes, some people get a case of the dumbs when they see the lights behind them, especially if they're in the inside (left) lane, or if there is no shoulder, like on Wellborn.

At lest the median on 2818 is pretty wide. I really hate it when people stop in the median on Wellborn.

As to the OP stop, if the kid didn't get arrested, it probably won't make KBTX. If the cops just call mom to come get the kid, not enough time for Rusty or one of his minions to get there, and there's no arrest report.
halibut sinclair
I hate it when people call the median the "medium".
CS78
I saw that traffic stop and two deputies tossing his car. Didn't really look like a juvenile to me.
BANA89
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Maybe they were holding a seance in the medium.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
TChaney
halibut sinclair said:

Well Done. It's pretty Rare that ever happens.

I don't have a "steak" in this game though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.