PSA: Boomtown BBQ

3,351 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Goat Man
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went today and had the chicken and ribs.
OMG they were awesome.
Lots of flavor, they do like pepper but so do I.

I will be going back frequently...

Best Chicken than anyone in town in my opinion.
FJB
halibut sinclair
We've had a few of the Twisted bbq dishes. Very good. Haven't tried just regular BBQ there yet.
histag10
AG
We have eaten there a few times. I wasnt impressed. Its good, but not great. I feel like there is better bbq in town for better prices
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
It's solid.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Do they still have $1 ribs on Mondays?
AgTrip
The G7 is a dang good sandwich!!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I like their meat 'explosion' sampler with a bunch of different meats and sauces. The brisket is terrible, but everything else is good.

I just don't know how people ruin brisket. Season, 225 until it starts the stall (say 160), wrap in butcher paper until butter soft (say 203), rest in a cooler for 2 hours. That will make a better brisket than just about every restaurant in town.b
Buford T. Justice
AG
Their brisket nachos were outstanding.
selk
AG
Yep. And the G7 is legit
MiMi
S
Decided to try it out today for lunch. The chopped brisket was very good. I brought home a bottle of their pepper sauce.

Edited to say that I meant to use the thumbs up NOT the thumbs down!
TChaney
I guess I'll give them a second shot next time I'm in town.

I was not impressed with their ribs on my first visit. They tasted like they were old and reheated.
ChampsAg
I've been one time. Won't be back. Friend took me there after bragging on the ribs and the glaze that they put on them. We shared the combo plate so I could try the different offerings. He actually got offended when I told him that I would not go back.

Sides were not good. Turkey and brisket were dry. Sausage was not good. Pulled pork was only thing decent to me. I don't usually use sauce when I eat BBQ but I did there.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Also, the price of their meals is very favorable when compared with other local bbq joints.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Also, the price of their meals is very favorable when compared with other local bbq joints.

Meat servings are very reasonable. And pretty tasty. Sauces (3) offer something for all tastes.

Sides........... 6/10
I'll probably give this place a try tomorrow. I've been wanting a BBQ sandwich.
Goat Man
AG
Ate Boomtown for the second time today. Thumbs up for the chopped brisket sandwich.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.