Alternative ISP to Frontier for outside town?

844 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CEAg78
Smeghead4761
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I live on Steep Hollow Circle off 1179. When I bought my house in 2016, Frontier DSL was the only option.

Of late, my service seems to be getting very much noticably slower. I just ran a couple of different checks and both were < 2 Mbps down. Which is terrible.

I looked at Brazos WiFi, and my house is in the "Maybe, maybe not" zone on their coverage map.

Rise Broadband says they're available at my address. Supposed 50 Mbps is available, which would be an improvement.

Starlink is the new satellite service.

Anyone have any experience with any of these? Any other options I'm missing?
histag10
AG
Brazos Wifi if you can get it.

We have Rise and I have no real complaints. We stream all tv, and have multiple devices on it, and we rarely ever have speed problems. The only times we have had issues was during the icepocalypse, and the severe weather a year or 2 ago, but they refunded the days we didnt have service. We also occasionally lose service during severe storms when line of sight is impeded. We live between Tabor Rd and OSR (Dick Elliott). Couldnt get Brazos Wifi out here.
histag10
AG
But worth a call to Brazos Wifi to see if you can get it.
EBrazosAg
AG
It's worth buying a tower for Brazos WiFi
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrazosWifi
I'm out on vacation this week but the office can definitely check the address.

We would be happy to check the address, of course.

Give us a ring tomorrow at the number below.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
CEAg78
AG
EBrazosAg said:

It's worth buying a tower for Brazos WiFi
This. 100x this.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.