Tax appraisal protest

1,450 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CatPit1
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has any one done one this year?

Is it on the dang zoom call or can I go in person?

If on zoom how does it work with all the papers and info I would like to present

Will I need to do poster boards so that they can see what I am trying to present

I assume from what I heard many years ago that it is three people who listen to your spill

Thanks for any guidance at all

maddiedou
CS78
Mine was set for in person tomorrow. If you've filed, Im surprised you havent gotten a response notice of a date and time. Ive been trying to reconcile my issues with an appraiser ahead of time but finding it hard to get a productive response through emails. Once again, COVID, the convenient excuse to continue to half arse everything. My time was up so I just called and they extended me in to july.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I called, the appraiser gave me every excuse under the sun how the houses (on my street and within 2-3 blocks in Pebble Creek) I used in my protest were not "exactly" like mine.
I got pissed and asked how does anyone get a lower value when no 2 houses are identical (usually) and ended the call, she called me back and we came up with a # I thought was fair.

Good luck
FJB
maddiedou
AG
Casey i have but wife said it was all over the phone because of the china flu bull****

Well this helps Thanks
maddiedou
jello123
I'm in Burleson county, but had my protest scheduled for the 5/27. I had submitted my pics, comps, bids for repairs, etc.. I was called the week before the scheduled date and offered a reduction. I'm happy to say the home and property (cabin on .5 acre) value was reduced by 38%!!!!! I couldn't be happier and glad I was fully prepared. I know things are likely a lot different there in Brazos county, but my experience and results here in Burleson were great!
CatPit1
Values are going to increase in this economy, but protesting assessed value is worth the effort. My concern is the rates. IDK what Bryan ISD is going to do with an extra couple of hundred million dollars of unexpected tax revenue next year, but I certainly hope that a close look at the rate is on the agenda very soon. If this isn't addressed, the ISD will find a home for the money and will be back asking for more. We need to ensure that they are spending it on needed, valid expense items vs. blowing through it.....just for the sake of getting the money spent. These are OUR DOLLARS and their expenses must be justified/legitimate/reasonable. Otherwise, we need to get some of OUR DOLLARS back in our own accounts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.