Brazos Valley ~ Abandoned Places

91,438 Views | 447 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by goatchze
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
RDH80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With regard to the red brick building , are you talking about the old 420th armory ?
Post removed:
by user
halibut sinclair
FAT SEXY said:

Recently in Bryan, near Travis Field on W Carson St an old red brick building was tore down.. I've often wondered what its purpose was in the past. I never took any pictures of it, but I wish I had. This building being gone forever has made me want to document other such structures around town before they too reach a similar fate.

Gumby's Pizza.. I wonder when this forgotten icon gets remodeled or tore down. I feel like it is hiding in plain site.

Also known as the CS Pepe's.
MiMi
S
Demolition begins of Bryan Armory Building

Quote:

BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - Published: Mar. 25, 2021 A building with lots of history is coming down in Bryan.
Demolition has started at the old Armory Building on West Carson Street. Bryan Texas Utilities is tearing down the old building with plans to build new offices at the site. Eventually they will relocate from Downtown Bryan to this area. BTU expects to have renderings of what their new campus will look like by summer.
Demolition is expected to take two weeks.
BCSWguru
Not sure how old that is, but the armory is long gone. Been that way for several weeks.
Independence H-D
halibut sinclair said:

FAT SEXY said:

Recently in Bryan, near Travis Field on W Carson St an old red brick building was tore down.. I've often wondered what its purpose was in the past. I never took any pictures of it, but I wish I had. This building being gone forever has made me want to document other such structures around town before they too reach a similar fate.

Gumby's Pizza.. I wonder when this forgotten icon gets remodeled or tore down. I feel like it is hiding in plain site.

RIP
Sponsor Message: Experience Our Name, Independence Harley-Davidson | The Party
textar4404
FAT SEXY said:

I had heard that Whataburger owned that lot and they had planned to rebuild and expand onto this property. No idea if that will ever happen.
CEAg78
AG
textar4404 said:

FAT SEXY said:

I had heard that Whataburger owned that lot and they had planned to rebuild and expand onto this property. No idea if that will ever happen.
I thought it was the old gas station they owned.

I'll bet the Martin family still owns the old Pepe's location.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
iisanaggie
AG
textar4404 said:

FAT SEXY said:

KBTX said that BTU is building new offices at the old Armory site.

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/01/14/former-bryan-armory-to-be-demolished-btu-to-build-new-offices-there/
555-PINF
Whataburger owns both the old gas station and Pepe's/Gumby's location. Per CAD, Whataburger is listed for the gas station and actual restaurant, with EJ Tejas listed for Gumby's. If you look at the mailing address of EJ Tejas, it's the same as the two Whataburger sites.
histag10
AG
Theres an old building that seems to have been abandoned for quite some time at the corner of 21and 2776 in Wixon Valley. Someone crashed into it the other day leaving a massive hole in the side of the bricks.
Post removed:
by user
EliteElectric
histag10 said:

Theres an old building that seems to have been abandoned for quite some time at the corner of 21and 2776 in Wixon Valley. Someone crashed into it the other day leaving a massive hole in the side of the bricks.

North West corner? If so that's the old JoeDans beer joint
rsa
AG
The Ghost of DUCK01 said:

Whataburger owns both the old gas station and Pepe's/Gumby's location. Per CAD, Whataburger is listed for the gas station and actual restaurant, with EJ Tejas listed for Gumby's. If you look at the mailing address of EJ Tejas, it's the same as the two Whataburger sites.
They also own the first 7 houses along George Bush Dr E that are adjacent t the Whataburger & Gumby's properties.
histag10
AG
EliteElectric said:

histag10 said:

North West corner? If so that's the old JoeDans beer joint

Not Joe's Place (we love eating there, in fact, we did last night). It used to be a furniture store I think. Ill try to get a picture on my way by today. Its directly across 21 from the Wixon Store.
EliteElectric
Yeah that was JoeDans beer joint, Joedan Sikorski. Not Joes place.
histag10
AG
Ah. Well someone drove through the side of it the other day lol.

I was turning onto 2776 while FD and PD were still there and the Chevy was being towed off. Ill try to get a picture of it on my way home in a bit.
cj774
AG
Obligatory old Egg Roll House mention
histag10
AG
They boarded it up between when i passed it at 7ish this morning and when i was on my way home at 10 this morning

EliteElectric
Yeah that's it
JB
AG
no one has been around that house or that store for a few years.

I live out here and am surprised we don't have another fast food joint or something. I think it would do well when you look at the Wings N Line overflowing onto 21 every day.
histag10
AG
McDonalds right there is usually full too.

We use Joes Place as our "fast food". We just call ahead and pick it up on our way home. We live between Tabor Rd and OSR, so we go to Edge General Store and Raceway Deli as well (and Cameron Ranch Store). Honestly, the VP deli on 21 has pretty good food too for a gas station.

But yes, I wish we had more food options on this side of town.
Well, okay then
AG
halibut sinclair said:

FAT SEXY said:

When I moved to CS in 1977, this Pepe's was the first food place I tried. I asked, "what's good here?" "Well, try a crispy taco and a beef burrito." Mmm, went back for 4 more tacos and two more beef burritos.

Good times.
Post removed:
by user
Love Gun
That's the old DPS buildings, if I remember correctly.
cajunken
Those are state-owned buildings - DPS or TXDOT. At one point, there were rumors about a transfer to Blinn College, but those fell through.
Post removed:
by user
Love Gun
FAT SEXY said:

The area is becoming even more Abandoned.. The Pawn shop to the right of these buildings is closing soon and Martinez Auto Sales, which is to the left has moved locations.

That pawn shop on the corner that used to be Weiners is closing?
Post removed:
by user
jello123
FAT SEXY said:

This cluster of buildings is close to the intersection of Texas Avenue and Hwy 21 in Bryan.. They have been abandoned for some time now. Not sure what purpose they served in the past.

The white building amongst the others was the first one built. Completed in 1935 at a cost of $13,000. 9/7/1935 B/W photo from The Eagle. https://ibb.co/3zKmwcP
Tibbers
Looks like a good location to shoot a horror film.
AggiePhil
AG
cajunken said:

Those are state-owned buildings - DPS or TXDOT.

TXDOT

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.