15 Passenger Van Usage (Local Non-Profit)

1,740 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FarmerKeith
FarmerKeith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

I'm hoping to crowdsource some help for the Down Syndrome Association of the Brazos Valley (DSABV).

They've got some summertime camp activities going on requiring the use of a 15 passenger van for purely local camp activity this summer (June - August). Some local churches stepped up to help in June, but they cannot help in July/August due to their VBS programs.

Does anyone here know of a personal or commercial entity in possession of a 15 passenger van (or something comparable) that would be willing to explore helping out the DSABV? Whether a charitable activity out of the goodness of someone's heart, or a community service project for another civic-minded organization...I sure would appreciate any leads.

agnerd
AG
When I was at A&M (ages ago), student organizations could rent vans for events for absurdly low prices. We rented one to shuttle people back in forth from a hotel to campus and to cities for plant tours. Might see if they still do that, and if there's a student organization on campus with a similar mission you could partner with that would have someone available over the summer to rent and drive the van.

Other than that, party bus place might be able to give you a good rate since there's usually little demand for their services on weekday mornings.
TXCityGirl
Reach out to the transportation coordinator at the school districts, private schools (Allen and Brazos Christian), and the daycares with shuttles like Prodigy Learning Center, Stepping Stone, PowerSports, etc.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
It might help to post things like how many days/week. How many hours each day. How many hours each use. How many miles/week or month. Do you need a driver or do you have one.
AG
I sent an email to the DSABV email address. I have a 12 passenger I'm willing to drive if the dates work out. I'm also a former DSABV Board Member.
crbongos
AG
I have a 12 passenger Sprinter I'd be happy to let them use.
CRBongo
FarmerKeith
AG
Thank you to the last two posters for your willingness to help...It's truly a blessing.

How do I reach you?

If you'd rather, you can email at: ed@dsabv.org
FarmerKeith
AG
The DSABV heard from one of you...Thank you!!!!

They're needing to find one more person willing to provide use of a van. Is there anybody else willing to lend a hand?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.