Bryan HS Valedictorian Speech

4,320 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Baron de Bastrop
gibby03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This speech by this young man Josue Quezada has been making the rounds today on social media here locally.

Public education seems to get a lot of negative treatment here lately (some of it rightfully so) but this young man is a product of that public education. Kudos to this young mans parents and support system for empowering him to speak like this and about this topic.

Video should start at the right spot but if it doesn't go to 29:00 and enjoy his speech. Really appreciate his willingness to speak about his faith and then set a challenge to his classmates to worry about their internal values instead of the external instant gratification. Good job young man.

EclipseAg
AG
For a high school senior/recent grad, he is a very polished public speaker.
hihozippo
AG
Wow!
IMnAg79
AG
Thanks for sharing
jeffk
aggiepaintrain
AG
I will never forget that speech.
That young man is going places.
FJB
Sticks&Stones
AG

"Public education seems to get a lot of negative treatment here lately (some of it rightfully so) but this young man is a product of that public education"

While I agree that he worked hard to complete the requirements of the public school system, I think he is far more a product of superior parenting.

Kudos to him and his parents...outstanding!
Oogway
It was a nice commencement speech and I enjoyed it.

Very pleased when the class speaker gives an earnest memorable speech as opposed to going for easy one liners and jokes.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
That man will be quite successful in life because he actually understands what success truly is. And major kudos to him for having the strength of character to speak so openly about his faith in a time when it won't be well received by everyone in the crowd.
TaterTot_09
Wow! How proud his parents must be! Best of luck to him!
Baron de Bastrop
AG
Kudos to Bryan ISD too!

A&M Distinguished Alumnus Dr. Christie Whitbeck is doing a phenomenal job as Superintendent at Bryan ISD in Aggieland. She introduced the "Essential 8" character traits for all students and has expanded the advanced academics programs. Like A&M they are learning how to live not just taking classes. My daughter is a Junior in A&M Viz and says while her Viz classes require significant work, they are no harder than the work she performed getting her IB Dioloma at Bryan High and she felt highly prepared for success at A&M. Again, kudos to this young man and the outstanding BISD school district!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.