Mechanic Rec in B/CS

3,436 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AnchorFoundation
ukbb2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need a recommendation for a good, honest mechanic in B/CS.
Monywolf
Gordon Wilhelm at Brazos Valley Automotive. He's as honest as they come.
halibut sinclair
Olympic Automotive
Post removed:
by user
cavscout96
AG
Brazos Valley Automotive

Longmire and Ponderosa
keo1
AG
Kubin Automotive next to farm patch in Bryan
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
histag10
AG
Aaron Automotive on hwy 6 at Barron
EliteElectric
The Right Shop on 30
denied
I have been taking my cars to CarDoc on Harvey for almost 17 years.
GunRangeGal
AG
Another vote to Aaron Automotive!
maggie16
Pickups Plus on S College. Blake is a great guy and always straight forward with what work needs to be done.
Playtuagain
AG
B&B Automotive. They'll treat you right.
MaxRelax
AG
I agree with Maggie16. PickUp+ does quality work and great customer service. Plus the owner is an Aggie Class of 06 I believe.
wasntme
Pilger's
cledus6150
AG
Aaron Automotive!
FracAg10
AG
Aggieland Automotive, behind DQ on Texas
jwhitlock3
FracAg10 said:

Sleeziest shop in town, do not go here. I've had a truck in and work I had just completed magically needed to be done before they could align it. Also had a neighbor drop his car off and it came home with a different (much cheaper) battery in it, even though the battery wasn't part of what was being serviced. Had to go fight to get the original battery put back in. Please please please find somewhere else to go.
jwhitlock3
wasntme said:

Pilger's

Love Pilgers. I've been using Pilgers for almost 15 years with no issues. Honest guys who do awesome work and if it's something outside their wheelhouse they will recommend someone local (ex: blew up a rear axle and I knew they didn't service a full rebuild but I called them to see who they'd recommend).

I've got a 6.7 Powerstroke and for anything diesel specific I'll use The Right Shop out on Hwy 30 as well.
Rexter
jwhitlock3 said:

FracAg10 said:

Sleeziest shop in town, do not go here. I've had a truck in and work I had just completed magically needed to be done before they could align it. Also had a neighbor drop his car off and it came home with a different (much cheaper) battery in it, even though the battery wasn't part of what was being serviced. Had to go fight to get the original battery put back in. Please please please find somewhere else to go.

I called around asking for ballpark pricing to replace the valve cover gasket on my car.

Aaron was most expensive. They got the job and it started leaking within 6 months.

Brazos Valley was most expensive. They got the second job, and it hasn't leaked again. They did the same job on the same engine in another car a couple of years ago. Gasket was pinched on installation and leaked within a couple of days. They did it again at no charge (and I didn't have to ask for the no-charge). After the second time, it never leaked again.

Now, for Aggieland. I've used them before and not had an issue. They even let me buy a starter from O'Reilly for them to install, with the understanding there would be no warranty through them. That saved me $100 or so since I didn't have to pay their markup on the purchase.
But in checking with them on the gasket repairs, they wouldn't quote me without seeing the car. I explained that I just wanted a ballpark to see if they were in line with other shops, and that if I took it to them, they were more than welcome to diagnose the issue and let me know if I was wrong. The person on the phone said they can't give estimates over the phone and without diagnosing the problem. I will never call them again.

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Brazos Valley Automotive. Honest and do good work. They've always treated me right.
Texker
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Brazos Valley Automotive. Honest and do good work. They've always treated me right.
We had an issue with the kid's car. They are SUPER busy but they were honest and treated us right.
Rex Racer
AG
I have had good luck with B&B Automotive over the years.
waltdebord
AG
Gordon retired but Bobby is still there. Been going there for at least 10 years.
Fleen
Pete's on 29th has done well by me...
AnchorFoundation
Monkey Wrench Mobile Mechanic

Lucas: (979) 574 - 9673
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.