Bust Outta Covid Happy Hour

7,215 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by scd88
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, we are in a mode regarding our local Covid numbers where they're gonna be what they are forever. The new case numbers are minimal. Time to celebrate the following:

1. Covid is for all intents and purposes over.
2. Posters who have tracked the numbers and provided valuable insight to schmucks like me.
3. No masks.
4. It's time to be happy in general.

So, who is in? Let's see who we can get over the next week or so and plan for a mid June post work beverage event. Also suggest some places.

I'm in and offer up Mad Taco and RX Pizza as they have nice patio options. The weather has been unusually cool - take advantage of it before God realizes it's Texas in the summer and cranks up the oven.

I look forward to putting names to faces.
MiMi
S
I'm there!

Walk-On's has a nice patio as well.

Edited to add - I'm going to be out-of-town June 16-17. Finally getting back on the road for work.
trouble
AG
I'll be back in town around June 10th so after that would be great with me.
Post removed:
by user
happyinBCS
cavscout96
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
In
The Brazos Kid
aggirl92
What a great idea!
jja79
AG
This is really going to mess things up for those of us who have been going out since Texas reopened May 6, 2020. No crowds has been wonderful.
EliteElectric
Right. We traveled, went to Cancun, WDW, Hawaii, ate out, went to see friends and relatives. Gonna miss everywhere being relatively empty
scd88
AG
Bump because I don't want this to slip.

What does the back end of June look like for y'all? Also, weekday or weekend?
MiMi
S
Works for me! Doesn't matter which day of the week.
trouble
AG
That whole last week is good for me.
davido
AG
Latest?
scd88
AG

Walk Ons.

Star this post if you can make it so I can get a head count. If you have suggestions on another date then reply to it. Depending on how many are interested, we may not be able to make everyone happy.

Tuesday, June 29th. I am open to switching it if a Friday is preferred, will push into July though.

Cell is the typical area code for our area that begins with nine. Phone number is two-zero-four, one-nine-four-three. Feel free to text me with your name and I can start a group text in addition to this thread.

Thanks!
MiMi
S
Thanks for the update. I'll be there!
scd88
AG
scd88 said:

Walk Ons.

Star this post if you can make it so I can get a head count. If you have suggestions on another date then reply to it. Depending on how many are interested, we may not be able to make everyone happy.

Tuesday, June 29th. I am open to switching it if a Friday is preferred, will push into July though.

Cell is the typical area code for our area that begins with nine. Phone number is two-zero-four, one-nine-four-three. Feel free to text me with your name and I can start a group text in addition to this thread.

Thanks!

So far we have 5 that are in. I will ask if we can move this to July 1, which is a Thursday as I have to travel unexpectedly for work on 6/29. If you are open to the move, star this post. If we have to leave it as is, I can make that still work.

Sorry.
Post removed:
by user
scd88
AG
Quick bump as a reminder we have this coming up in July 1st! I am counting 7 of us so far.
MiMi
S
What time are we starting the meet-up?
scd88
AG
Ok be coming in from Port Aransas so I'm hoping to get there by 5:00. Walk Ons, although I think Mad Taco may be less crowded.
MiMi
S
My experience at going to Walk-Ons at 5 pm on a 'normal' weeknight is that it is not busy at all. There should be plenty of room for our small group. They have a pretty decent bar with lots of beers on tap to choose from.

Twin Peaks opens next week. Hopefully, the South CS locals will travel to the north and be waiting for a table at the shiny new restaurant
scd88
AG
Walk Ons it is. Let the others go and fill up the new breastaurants.
trouble
AG
Sounds good to me!
Tailgate88
AG
This sounds like fun...
scd88
AG
Tailgate88 said:

This sounds like fun...

It's going to be any of the following:

Crunk
Lit
The ****
dubi
AG
I'm in!

See y'all Thursday @ 5pm.
purplehayes
You going to be at this thing trouble? I'm in town for once during one of these things... I don't know if I want to reveal my secret identity to any of the locals though...
dubi
AG
purplehayes said:

You going to be at this thing trouble? I'm in town for once during one of these things... I don't know if I want to reveal my secret identity to any of the locals though...
Some of us don't hide our online identity so it is easy.
purplehayes
Right?
trouble
AG
purplehayes said:

Yes, I am! Please show up, I'd love to finally meet you after all these years!
TLIAC
AG
I think I will try to make it also. I'll probably bring the hubs so make me a plus 1. Goodness it's been a minute since a TexAgs HH.
TLIAC
AG
dubi said:

purplehayes said:

Some of us don't hide our online identity so it is easy.
Dubi are you going?
scd88
AG
Heck yes. I'm counting about 11-13 including myself.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.