Real Estate Investing

1,701 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jmazz
Firefighter7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would like to begin investing in real estate but I have no experience. I'm wanting to learn as much as I can and avoid rookie mistakes. Are there any local programs, recommended online programs, or are you an investor that would be willing to mentor me?
LOYAL AG
AG
As in student rentals or flips? What kind of investing are you looking at?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
ratfacemcdougal
check out these guys

https://www.brazosreia.com/default.aspx
Firefighter7
Single family home or duplex rentals and eventually move to commercial.
crbongos
AG
Be very careful. Home prices at all time high. Very little inventory. With so much house flipping it's hard to find a good deal. That being said if you are very patient it could pay off. Best money always made during down market.
CRBongo
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Read this book.

Firefighter7
Yes, waiting for the market to turn. Using this time to educate myself and learn everything I can before jumping in.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Be careful and if you are buying rentals, values and tax values are increasing and rents are decreasing.
LOYAL AG
AG
Good approach as far as watching and learning right now. Multiples in this market aren't very good right now particularly compared to other markets. I entertained this a couple of years ago with a client and he ended up buying in Tomball where he could get 1.2% v the .67% we were looking at in CS. The volume of apartments that have been built in recent years have served to suppress rental rates.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
AG81
AG
Firefighter7 said:

I would like to begin investing in real estate but I have no experience. I'm wanting to learn as much as I can and avoid rookie mistakes. Are there any local programs, recommended online programs, or are you an investor that would be willing to mentor me?
Don't mean to oversimplify, but buy low and sell high. Right now, real estate in B/CS is at all time highs. Case in point, the house next door to mine sold for twice what I paid for mine just 9 years ago. No way I'd pay that for my house. Wait for inflation to hit, interest rates to soar, and property prices to fall. Save a ton of cash between now and then and be ready to pounce. Opportunities will abound. Now's not the time. Just my opinion.
CS78
Firefighter7
Email sent, thank you!
Firefighter7
Email sent, thank you!
jmazz
AG
I'd be happy to chat. I'm co-founder of the Brazos Real Estate Investor club that's linked above. I've also done deals with CS78 so can vouch for him as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.