Howdy's Pizza

3,810 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by milner79
Texker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was in town for a couple of days to move the kid. I haven't been to CS in 2 years so Howdy's was on my list. The pizza is freakin' delicious. Ingredients are fresh and the crust is damn good.

The struggles of staffing a restaurant in this environment are well documented and Howdy's is no exception. The service was slow and the seating area a bit unkempt when we arrived. Also, they were out of iced tea and there was no effort to replenish so I'm guessing it was an equipment issue.

Looking forward to returning. Damn good pizza!
BCStalk
Sounds almost exactly like my experience every time I have been. Luckily they have great pizza like you stated. I can deal with a little bad service for good food. Just wish they had a location closer to my house.
AgTrip
I tried to order last night. Said they were out of bacon and sausage. Ended up going to double Dave's.
91_Aggie
AG
Covid really has affected them in terms of staffing and keeping ingredients in stock. We always call in for pickup or delivery
AggieBaseball06
AG
Howdy's has good food for sure but the slow service is a hallmark of their business. The last time I was there, I ordered a milkshake to go and it took 38 minutes to get.
AgProgrammer
AG
That's everyone's experience there. I think their pizza is great. But I can't ever remember when they are or aren't open. After having that as the destination in mind and you drive up on a Monday or Tuesday for dinner and they are closed, you quickly start just mentally scratching them from your rotation. And they are notorious for taking 45 minutes to get a pizza out. I guess it is what it is. Hope they continue to make it. You're guaranteed to not make any money when you're closed though. That's the death spiral of restaurants.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I wish they would bring back the Tangy Cubano. I loved that one
bobinator
AG
When I called the other day they said they weren't even doing delivery anymore.

We still got it anyway because when you get a craving for their pizza you gotta have it.
tb9665
My family and I went to eat there Saturday and the service was great. The salad and pizza came out quickly. We were in out out in less than one hour. That was even taking our time eating. It was delicious.
It is back on our rotation.
Texker
AG
bobinator said:

We still got it anyway because when you get a craving for their pizza you gotta have it.
No doubt. I've only been once and already had a craving for more last night. Won't be back to CS until August though.
halibut sinclair
Wife and I tried Howdy's once last summer and were not that impressed.
Tailgate88
AG
Howdy's is some of our favorite pizza, and definitely very unique. Our son worked for them over the summer and they are great people as well. The grilled crust and bbq flavor that is instilled into everything makes for a very unique and delicious pizza.

Texker
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Because?
halibut sinclair
Texker said:

halibut sinclair said:

Because?

Well, not a fan of the bbq-type pizzas with bbq sauce and smoked meats. The build your own pizza there is not as good as what we can get closer to our house.
bobinator
AG
I can see that if you don't like BBQ pizza.

Our favorite pizza place in town is Rx, but sometimes we just get a craving for Howdy's BBQ pizzas. Like someone else said, it's a unique pizza and if that's what you're craving there really is nothing else quite like it in town.
halibut sinclair
bobinator said:

I can see that if you don't like BBQ pizza.

Our favorite pizza place in town is Rx, but sometimes we just get a craving for Howdy's BBQ pizzas. Like someone else said, it's a unique pizza and if that's what you're craving there really is nothing else quite like it in town.
Our favorite local place is Mr. G's. Rx is good, but always soggy in middle at the one downtown.
Bucketrunner
Howdy's is hands down the best pizza we've had in this town. We order it OUR way, though: Ranch Sauce, Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, Red Onion, jalapeƱos and most of all, the fried jalapeƱos. Delicious! We just get a large to go and eat it for three wonderful days.
halibut sinclair
Mr. G's meathead with jalapeƱos and onions can't be beat.
Texker
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Howdy's is hands down the best pizza we've had in this town. We order it OUR way, though: Ranch Sauce, Canadian Bacon, Pepperoni, Red Onion, jalapeƱos and most of all, the fried jalapeƱos. Delicious! We just get a large to go and eat it for three wonderful days.
Sounds awesome. Will try it in August. We ordered The Texan and the Texa-Rita as we wanted to try their combos.
BucketofBalls99
The Street Corn Named Desire is amazing! Highly recommend
Bucketrunner
That, too, is really good.
trouble
AG
I love all their pizzas. Hope the brussel Crowe comes back this fall.

Their Smoked Cobb salad is my favorite salad in town.

Kids meals are awesome. $5 for an 8" pizza, drink, and sundae.
jeffk
AG
We love Howdy's! Favorites are Hoot n Holler or the Cattlebrand. Great people who really do try to run a great business. If you have a complaint, let them know what happened and I'm positive they'll try to make it right.
ShinerBlonde
AG
We love Howdy's but we want to see the jalapeƱo popper pizza come back on the menu as a permanent item.
Donny Hayes
AG
I guess I will have to give it another shot. I was there a few months ago and it was slow and not that good. Based off of this thread though I will try it again.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Love their pizza, but their BLT Bruschetta appetizer is even better than their regular pizzas. I've even had that as my meal before.
Cartographer
I've heard they have pulled in a new GM so I think they are aware of the issues.

That's usually a game changer so hopefully a lot of these things are going to be fixed soon!
milner79
Paisanos ftw.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.