Speed on Hwy 6

6,740 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Stucco
jj.5150
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The speed on Hwy 6 is absolutely ridiculous , may as well raise the limit to 85-90 if no one is going to bother to control it .
BCStalk
K
Wicked Good Ag
jj.5150 said:

The speed on Hwy 6 is absolutely ridiculous , may as well raise the limit to 85-90 if no one is going to bother to control it .
what is funnyis I go no more than 75 in this area and i am passing people right and left all the time
FamousAgg
Sir, this is a Wendy's
histag10
AG
jj.5150 said:

Might as well be 50. There are sooo many people who drive so incredibly slow on hwy 6 in bcs. I never do more than 75, and im often one of the fastest vehicles on the road.
halibut sinclair
Are we talking about the bypass?
happyinBCS
user name checks out the first post in 3 years
Tailgate88
AG
jj.5150 said:

Quote:

adjective
  • crazy.
  • mentally disturbed.
  • 5150 is the number of the section of the Welfare and Institutions Code, which allows an adult who is experiencing a mental health crisis to be involuntarily detained for a 72- hour psychiatric hospitalization when evaluated to be a danger to others, or to himself or herself, or gravely disabled. OC Health bhs mhi Orange County, California - Involuntary Detention - OC Health Care Agency

jj.5150
Yes , the by pass & between Hearne & Bryan . I routinely drive 70-75 & get passed all of the time like I'm standing still , no need for anyone to drive that fast .

I knew I'd get trashed for posting this , but frankly don't give a damn . People need to slow down .
75AG
AG
I can't drive 75. 85 or GTFO.
denied
I would like to know where on the bypass you are seeing people going that fast. North of Bryan to Hearne, yes people speed; but on the bypass during the day I have a hard time getting above 55-60 and keeping it there because people seem to not know the speed limit is 70 and they can drive faster.
Stupe
S
jj.5150 said:

Completely agree!

Those of you that go slower than that need to stop blocking the left lane for those of use that have stuff to do.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
jj.5150 said:

I routinely drive 70-75 & get passed all of the time
Speed up, your impeding traffic.
BrandoC
AG
DA's still dont understand that slow traffic needs to stay to the damn right in the mornings. A vehicle can go as fast as they want to in the left hand lane. If they crash or get a ticket thats on them, it is their choice. Driving in the left hand lane is a ticketable offense and not enough cops follow the rule.
Love Gun
Don't stir up the rookie. He obviously created an account and started this thread to complain. Why give him that satisfaction?
Stupe
S
BrandoC said:

DA's still dont understand that slow traffic needs to stay to the damn right in the mornings. A vehicle can go as fast as they want to in the left hand lane. If they crash or get a ticket thats on them, it is their choice. Driving in the left hand lane is a ticketable offense and not enough cops follow the rule.
This is a non sarcastic response.

Slower drivers that imped traffic cause more multi-vehicle wrecks than drivers going 5 - 10 over the speed limit. That is straight from the mouths of first responders.
curry97
AG
Love Gun said:

Don't stir up the rookie. He obviously created an account and started this thread to complain. Why give him that satisfaction?

Created 3 years ago. This thread was his first ever post on here.
Average Joe
AG
Stupe said:

BrandoC said:

Slower drivers that imped traffic cause more multi-vehicle wrecks than drivers going 5 - 10 over the speed limit. That is straight from the mouths of first responders.

Yeah, something about driving fast makes people pay more attention to the road and cars around them more. Driving slower makes it easier to be on your phone or look around at everything that isn't on the road.
LOYAL AG
AG
Hope OP never goes to Houston or Dallas.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
robcovol
Maybe we should do what they do in Montana. The last time I visited, the daytime speed limit is "reasonable and prudent."
Anonymous Source
S
75AG said:

I can't drive 75. 85 or GTFO.
User name does not check out
Gig 'Em
EliteElectric
Stupe said:

BrandoC said:

Correct. And just to add- technically, left lane is for passing only. Traffic would be ezpz breezy if people would just get in the right lanes after passing and let faster traffic through in the left lane. I don't care if I am going 100 in the left lane, if someone comes up behind me going 101 I'll move over ASAP and let them through.

Slow traffic in the left lane is a peeve of mine. I cannot even count the times I've come up on a minivan doing 50 in the left lane, and when I finally get around them they are on their phone either oblivious or ambivalent to the grief they are causing the other drivers.

/Rant
Jbob04
AG
Slow drivers. BCS has some of the slowest non attention paying drivers. Drives me crazy
histag10
AG
robcovol said:

Maybe we should do what they do in Montana. The last time I visited, the daytime speed limit is "reasonable and prudent."

Not the case anymore. 75 on most of I94 east of Billings, and 70 on I90 west of Billings (take thar seriously through those mountain passes!) . I always drove about 80 between Billings and our house (3 hours east).
Love Gun
Just five years ago, the speed limit on 6 was 75 through BCS. They dropped it back down to 70 and now people go even slower.

That corridor from north Bryan to south College Station is completely screwed up. Far too many people merging on and off in very short distances. It's like TXDOT didn't plan for the population to swell so much whenever they designed this.
Stupe
S
Quote:

Yeah, something about driving fast makes people pay more attention to the road and cars around them more. Driving slower makes it easier to be on your phone or look around at everything that isn't on the road.
They are also more spread out.

Do a search about why NASCAR teams hate restrictor plates.
roynonroy
Love Gun said:

That corridor from north Bryan to south College Station is completely screwed up. Far too many people merging on and off in very short distances. It's like TXDOT didn't plan for the population to swell so much whenever they designed this.

I'll just leave this here:

https://wtaw.com/txdot-virtual-presentation-about-rudder-freeway-expansion-debuts-wednesday-afternoon/
techno-ag
AG
Love Gun said:

Just five years ago, the speed limit on 6 was 75 through BCS. They dropped it back down to 70 and now people go even slower.

Third lane coming in a few years for the bypass. So they say. That'll help.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Average Joe
AG
techno-ag said:

Love Gun said:

Third lane coming in a few years for the bypass. So they say. That'll help.
I can't wait. Can they put in a turnaround at the Briarcrest overpass, as well?
Aggie
AG
I have no problem with people going over the speed limit.

But BCS has some of the worst drivers imaginable
People doing 55 in a 70+ Highway and then as soon as you pass them the dumbass bumps it up to 70+.

Then you have people driving on 6, especially between CS and Navasota who are doing 85+ but driving reckless.
Can't tell you how many times I've almost been clipped while in the right lane by a car driving 85+ passing someone in the left lane

Again speed is not the main issue... it's just people who flat out do not know how to drive a vehicle.
Stupe
S
If you've almost been clipped but not clipped....that's just good space recognition by the driver doing the passing.
75AG
AG
My favorite drivers are (1) those entering Hwy 6 at about 28 MPH, and (2) those exiting SB Hwy 6 at Barron then jumping across three lanes to turn at Graham. Great fun and excitement!
Love Gun
75AG said:

My favorite drivers are (1) those entering Hwy 6 at about 28 MPH, and (2) those exiting SB Hwy 6 at Barron then jumping across three lanes to turn at Graham. Great fun and excitement!

Don't forget that abortion of a merge where Texas Ave. S (Business 6) runs into 6. Got slow people already southbound on 6 braking because they see faster traffic coming onto 6 from Texas Ave.

There's also people that are looking to exit onto Barron feeder from this same cluster****. All this is occurring while everyone is going downhill, mind you.
techno-ag
AG
75AG said:

IIRC an older lady stopped on one of the entrance ramps a couple years back or so, waiting for traffic to clear. A college student promptly slammed into her.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Rapier108
75AG said:

And the bridge at Barron Road makes everyone in the Southbound lanes slow down to 50mph.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.