Blinn Advising to Open?

1,251 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BQwolf05
Summer Breeze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have the inside scoop on when Blinn may start doing in person advising again? The web site currently says the only option is to call and talk to someone on the phone.

My kid wants to start in the fall with plans to transfer to A&M. We would like him to talk with someone to make a solid plan.
Our experience with Blinn's telephone advising has been at least as good as the in-person.

As for the ability to transfer to TAMU, the best thing that we did was talk to the department at TAMU that the student intended to transfer to and go over the transfer sheet. The transfer sheets are avail on the TAMU website but we had a few questions that were easily answered by TAMU. Also, check frequently on the TAMU website as they do change and update the transfer sheets.
Summer Breeze
AG
Great advice. Thanks!
BQwolf05
AG
Yes start with TAMU they will always be best source for TAMU info then get with advisors at community college.
Maveric
AG
Howdy,
If you go to the TAMU website, click on the Admissions>Undergraduate>Transfer link you will get to a list of Transfer Course Sheets that you can use to make your plan. This is what is used in advising when students tell Blinn advisors they are wanting to transfer to TAMU. I used them for my daughter when she transferred in to Geology.
montegobay
I would follow the advice above. The Blinn advisors are notoriously useless.
BCSLocal01
Talk to Tamu advising and use that. Blinn advising is useless. And if it's required to talk to a blinn advisor save yourself the trip and time by just talking to them on the phone. But use the info the tamu advisor gives you
rsa
AG
Transfer course equivalencies recently updated to https://howdy.tamu.edu/uPortal/p/tce-ui.ctf5/max/render.uP

Be sure to check and double check any and all course suggestions and enrollment sheets from Blinn. One of my daughters was placed into a remedial math that she did not need -- partially my fault for not checking closely, but still a waste of our money and her time. They tried putting my son into a remedial math, but we came armed with scores and transcripts to get him in to the proper class.
Stupe
S
montegobay said:

I would follow the advice above. The Blinn advisors are notoriously useless.
That's interesting. I've had nothing but good experiences with Blinn advisors in the past.
BQwolf05
AG
Community College advisors are as good as the information they have access too. They work for their school not the transfer school so they have to rely on what information they have. As noted always get information from the source and then reach out for things specific to the community college for registration.
BQwolf05
AG
Placement is solely based on state mandated requirements so the scores and transcrips are what is required to determine that. TAMU due to who they are gets/takes some flexibility in things like that, community colleges do not get that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.