Tornadic Activity

4,443 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by histag10
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have pictures of the funnels or rotating clouds today?

This is what passed over us. It was rotating, no wind out, and then as it passed, an eerie fog rolled in before the next wave of storms

PJYoung
AG

techno-ag
AG
Another big round coming through. Stay safe out there.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
histag10
AG
The pictures and videos from Lubbock last night are crazy.
trouble
AG

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Is it just me or has their been way more rain this Spring than past years?
Eliminatus
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Was thinking the same. Not sure how much is recency bias but definitely feels like it.

Looking at the radar, going to be an interesting next hour or so...
techno-ag
AG

Yup. Usually Shel is starting to talk up the drought this time of year. (AKA summer dry season)
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
rsa
AG

I recall April/May/June '90 as really rainy, a lot like the weather we've had. Lots of tornadic activity in the area as well. One threatened the Olsen Field area - took shots of it from our front yard.
histag10
AG
I feel like the rain just started late this year. We usually get more in March/April and I feel like we hardly got any this year (our pond was almost completely dry)
toolshed
AG
We had burn bans in surrounding counties and Shel was ramping up the drought talk early spring of I recall correctly.
waterchick
If you thought we were entering drought last month, you were right.

Check out the drought maps here: https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Maps/MapArchive.aspx

You can select a particular state (under Area Type) and time period. As of April 13, 75% of Texas was in at least Moderate or more severe drought. Locally, we've had at least one good drenching rain each week since then (so your sprinklers should still be off, ahem). As of May 11, the area of Texas in moderate or more severe drought has dropped to 44%. Brazos County has gone from Moderate to None for drought stage.

Check out neighborhood-level rainfall totals (and sign up for weather-based watering recommendations) here: https://BVWatersmart.tamu.edu
FlyRod
Def more rain. Despite all the freezes, hail, etc. my veggie garden has never been better in many years of gardening here. It's insane how many things I usually have trouble growing are going crazy.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I also notice more as we're building a home and they haven't been able to move dirt still due to all the weather delays We're running about a month behind schedule already and that's before we've even broken ground.
FlyRod
Naturally Suddenlink chose a tornado warning as the time to go down tonight.
AggieAces06
AG

I also notice more as we're building a home and they haven't been able to move dirt still due to all the weather delays We're running about a month behind schedule already and that's before we've even broken ground.

We built just over 2 years ago and it rained pretty much everyday of our build. Barely made it in before our rent lease was up. Good luck, it can suck not seeing the progress you want.
scd88
AG
Lot of rain now and the next few days.
histag10
AG
Not in Brazos County, but looks like there was some funnel clouds around Bellville/Brenham. Weather has been crazy this year
PJYoung
AG
histag10
AG
Most of it missed us, but it was pretty to watch. It really only lightly rained for maybe 10 minutes out here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.