Things to do in Aggieland this summer

1,477 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Esteban du Plantier
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! Friend of mine whose son is about to be a freshman is taking their family to Aggieland for about 3 days. She's got a 7, 10, and 14 year old and wants to know what there is to do in Aggieland while they're there on the visit.

Any recommendations?
cavscout96
AG
Washington on the Brazos / Star of Texas Museum / Barrington Farm should be in the wheelhouse for the two younger for sure.

Bluebell creamery in Brenham.

Lakes Bryan or Somerville.

Not sure what the Bomber's schedule is this summer.

If the Bush 41 museum opens back up...

I think there used to be a children's Museum in Bryan and the Brazos Valley Natural Science Museum at the Brazos center.

The trail through the statuary at Veterans park is kinda cool too.
histag10
AG
Aggieland Safari or Franklin Safari
trouble
AG
There's still a children's museum, they just opened their new space recently. It's geared more for younger kids though.
halibut sinclair
Grand Station

hopefully some new movies at the IMAX by this summer

trampoline places

ice skating
dubi
AG
I'd vote no on Lake Somerville or Lake Bryan unless you have a boat. A view of muddy brown water for 5 minutes then they would want to leave.
Wicked Good Ag
Talon2DSO said:

Howdy! Friend of mine whose son is about to be a freshman is taking their family to Aggieland for about 3 days. She's got a 7, 10, and 14 year old and wants to know what there is to do in Aggieland while they're there on the visit.

Any recommendations?
when will they be here it terms of dates

there might be some more specific stuff to do given exact dates such as Aggie baseball, startlight music series eyc
histag10
AG
Also, where are they coming from? Some of the stuff being suggested may be something they can do regularly at home
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Drive down Texas Avenue without spiralling into a homicidal rage.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.