Nominations for most jacked up drive thru in BCS

5,752 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bob2525
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd like to nominate Arby's. This is approaching the tight 45 degree turn where your tires always rub the curb. The red poles are there to keep you from careening off the end and making a 3 foot drop to the parking lot below.

If you can navigate this you will be rewarded with a roast beef w horsey sauce.

BrazosWifi
A long-bed 4 door truck is fun on that one.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
BQ_90
AG
Jimmy John's on University. Same 90 degree turn without the poles and cliff

Bonus points going out JJ back way you scrap bottom of your vehicle
halibut sinclair
Archie's Taco Bell!
dallasiteinsa02
Not drive through but the curb across from Double Daves on Boonville is up there. It is just a mess of rebar and cracked concrete from being hit so many times.
roynonroy
BaitShack said:

I'd like to nominate Arby's. This is approaching the tight 45 degree turn where your tires always rub the curb. The red poles are there to keep you from careening off the end and making a 3 foot drop to the parking lot below.

I 2nd that nomination
BaitShack
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Quote:

Archie's Taco Bell!
AKA the backwards Taco Bell?
BaitShack
AG
BQ_90 said:

Looks like that corner pole has some wear and tear.

Builder93
AG
Fuego has to be top 5 worst.
BQ_90
AG
BaitShack said:

BQ_90 said:

Looks like that corner pole has some wear and tear.

yea, normally in the truck I'd have to turn wide, then back up to square up on drive thru.

Some thing the can turn and make it
Love Gun
Schlotzsky's by Walmart. The turn after the sign isn't too hairy, but you literally drive around that entire restaurant twice while you're in the drive thru.
Smeghead4761
Nothing wrong with the layout, but the Chik-Fil-A on Texas is a major pain at lunch, just because it wasn't built for the volume of traffic (aka, retail $ucce$$) they get.

Clogs up half the parking lot for the whole shopping center.
Love Gun
Langenator said:

Nothing wrong with the layout, but the Chik-Fil-A on Texas is a major pain at lunch, just because it wasn't built for the volume of traffic (aka, retail $ucce$$) they get.

Clogs up half the parking lot for the whole shopping center.

God bless em.
Post removed:
by user
BCSLocal01
Or the brand new Popeyes? Why is the drive thru lane so narrow? And if they're busy, which they always are, you have to hope the people in line left room for the car exiting the drive thru otherwise you're all screwed
Love Gun
I also nominate any drive thru where the stupid idiot on their phone in front of you, can't pull up an extra, let's call it 10 feet, so you can place your order.
Belton Ag
AG

A few years ago I snapped a pic of this car at the McDonalds drive thru that's directly across SW Parkway from that Arby's drive thru. I have no idea what these people were thinking but I'm sure they regretted it.
LOYAL AG
AG
Layne's at caprock. The second window is not extended from the building and the curb juts out from the building just past the window so that you're turning away from the window before you actually get to it.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
ratfacemcdougal
The Kolache Rolf drive thru at University is a little tight for some.
trouble
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Burger Mojo's is tight as well. I have a 4 dr shortbed, and it's a challenge with these.

Ye Olde messed up drive thru was the Taco Bell where Fritella's is now... it was backwards. Like you had to get the food through the passenger window. As others mentioned...

My ex had a 73 firebird when we met. I would have to pull up past the window and get out because I couldn't reach all the way across the car.
Bunk Moreland
BCSLocal01 said:

Or the brand new Popeyes? Why is the drive thru lane so narrow? And if they're busy, which they always are, you have to hope the people in line left room for the car exiting the drive thru otherwise you're all screwed

Yep, new popeyes is a disaster. not only is the lane too narrow, the entrance into the restaurant parking area is too narrow and doesn't leave much room to get out of the drive through and back out into the main parking lot to exit.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Tower Point Whataburger doesn't have a bad layout, they're just the slowest, least accurate fast food operation on earth.
Builder93
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Burger Mojo's is tight as well. I have a 4 dr shortbed, and it's a challenge with these.

I have never made it through the mojo drive-thru in my truck without backing up at some point.
Costa and Andreas
When we built mojo on that 1/2 acre parcel we truly did shoe horn that drive in the best we could. We were pretty stressed about it early on honestly. It's worked out well, and with College Station requiring a bail out lane, it actually functions as opposed to other single lanes that predate the ordinance.

Now, Mojo 2 on Holleman has all the space and stack in the world! Very truck friendly lol.
DisneyFan5
The Arby's drive thru used to freak me out 35 years ago when I first got here in my Chevette.

I'm a better driver now, but it did still freak me out a bit when I went through with my Sequoia.
EMY92
AG
Belton Ag said:

A few years ago I snapped a pic of this car at the McDonalds drive thru that's directly across SW Parkway from that Arby's drive thru. I have no idea what these people were thinking but I'm sure they regretted it.

The moment you realize that you are not driving a Raptor.
AgGunNut
AG
FIFY *every Whataburger.

As they've gotten ridiculously over-hyped in the last few years, they've gotten exponentially slower.
Love Gun
AgGunNut said:

FIFY *every Whataburger.

As they've gotten ridiculously over-hyped in the last few years, they've gotten exponentially slower.

Well, they were bought out by some Chicago yankees, so their standards are lower.
LOYAL AG
AG
I went from 11 years driving this

in which I'm certain I've made that turn before to one of these

It's taken a lot of paranoia to NOT do something that stupid.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Marlin39m
And if you want Arby's you don't have a choice because they STILL haven't opened the lobby. Do they have the same owner as T-Jin's? OPEN YOUR DINING AREAS!
Love Gun
Marlin39m said:

And if you want Arby's you don't have a choice because they STILL haven't opened the lobby. Do they have the same owner as T-Jin's? OPEN YOUR DINING AREAS!

I think the new Popeyes is pretty anal about the masks, too. I hit the drive thru a couple of weeks ago and saw a "Masks Required, No Exceptions" sign on the door.

Sorry for the derail.
BCSLocal01
Literally got a raw burger patty from them today. Browned on the outside but as soon as the patty broke, it was pink throughout. Ticked. But to make it worse the burger was for a prego so now I will stick to the rock prairie location indefinitely
armymom
Taco Casa on Fitch. Have to drive all the way around the shopping center to get to the order menu and the after picking up order drive back around the shopping center again to exit back onto Fitch.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
armymom said:

Taco Casa on Fitch. Have to drive all the way around the shopping center to get to the order menu and the after picking up order drive back around the shopping center again to exit back onto Fitch.

Gives you a chance to stop at the bar and contemplate whether you want to pay that fee for using your card at Taco Casa
kevmiller
Fuego and whataburger on Fitch and 6.

Always have my food and am stuck behind others waiting for their food. And usually slow service
Never fails

Fuego now requires a receipt so I'm guessing a ton of people revived the wrong orders at the drive thru.

McDonald's and Shipley tower point is pretty bad also.

McDonald's because they are slow and shipleys because most at the drive thru act as if they don't want to be there.. and couple girls usually have some sort of terrible music playing loudly.

Most drives thrus are pretty bad.. that's why when I do hit up a fast food I'll just go inside.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.