Casa do Brasil's butcher cuts are da bomb!

3,355 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok Aggieland friends, if you have not taken advantage of the Casa Do Brasil's butcher cuts you are missing out! We had the Filet Mignon $24/lb and it came out amazing. One of the best steaks I have ever had. USDA Prime aged 40+ days.

( I am no way affiliated with Casa)

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Broncos
I ate Casa do Brasil today and I don't need to eat for 3-4 days now.
fishngame06
AG
Totally agree on this! We've been ordering these butcher cuts since last spring when they started offering this! I hope they continue this forever. It is nice that they give you it in the tenderloin shape and I get to choose how thick to cut my steak beforehand.
aggiepaintrain
AG
My favorite place to eat
Independence H-D
Shhhhhhh!
Sponsor Message: Experience Our Name, Independence Harley-Davidson | The Party
johnnyblaze36
AG
I love this place so much and was not familiar with the option. Thanks for sharing!
RafterAg223
AG
KidDoc said:

Ok Aggieland friends, if you have not taken advantage of the Casa Do Brasil's butcher cuts you are missing out! We had the Filet Mignon $24/lb and it came out amazing. One of the best steaks I have ever had. USDA Prime aged 40+ days.

( I am no way affiliated with Casa)

$7/lb cheaper than prime 1 at H-E-B and a superior piece of beef to boot. It's a steal.
nought
AG
How do you order it? I tried their website, but it says online ordering is not available for the College Station location.
KidDoc
AG
It is available but for some dumb reason after hours the website won't let you order for the next day. Sounds like a bug.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BCS-Ag
Where can I find out more about this online?
EriktheRed
AG
scroll down and click on "Butcher Cuts"

https://casadobrasil.com/college-station/to-go-menu/

MiMi
S
Go to the College Station location on-line ordering page, select a pick-up date & time, then select Butcher Cuts To Go, select the cuts you want, place order.

Casa Do Brasil - College Station
TheOC16
AG
People pay 24/lb for filet mignon?? (Genuine response, I have never bought filet mignon that I can remember)
That's wild to me. I know some love filet mignon, but that just seems like a ridiculous price (someone said that's $7/lb cheaper than HEB, which again shocks me).

HEB currently has Prime ribeye on for $9.99/lb.
You can wait for their sirloin sale and get Prime picanha for $6.00/lb (about half of what Casa Do Brasil is showing)

I just can't imagine someone paying $30 (what someone apparently claims HEB charges) for filet mignon.
techno-ag
AG
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
KidDoc
AG
Try it and you will see why it is well worth the price per pound. Not weekly or anything but for an occasion it works for me!
deh40
AG
TheOC16 said:

People pay 24/lb for filet mignon?? (Genuine response, I have never bought filet mignon that I can remember)
That's wild to me. I know some love filet mignon, but that just seems like a ridiculous price (someone said that's $7/lb cheaper than HEB, which again shocks me).

HEB currently has Prime ribeye on for $9.99/lb.
You can wait for their sirloin sale and get Prime picanha for $6.00/lb (about half of what Casa Do Brasil is showing)

I just can't imagine someone paying $30 (what someone apparently claims HEB charges) for filet mignon.
I think the prime 1 ribeye is bone in so not all meat you are paying for.
Lots of people pay more for nice cuts of beef, organic strawberries, free range chicken eggs, etc and lots of people don't. It just depends on your priorities.
Donny Hall
meat science center and redfields is all I need, but ill give it a try - where do they source the beef?
TheOC16
AG
1.618 said:

Lots of people pay more for nice cuts of beef, organic strawberries, free range chicken eggs, etc and lots of people don't. It just depends on your priorities.
I dry age my own beef, and most of what I buy is prime, so I'm one of those people you're talking about, haha.

$24/lb just seems expensive to me, that's why I commented. Filet mignon is not a cut I buy (except of course when I get a Porterhouse) and so I'm not familiar with that price specifically, just surprised people pay that much is all.
Carny89
It's about $85 for a filet at papa bros steakhouse. I believe 10 oz. worth every penny.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Two days ago H-E-B here had prime porterhouse $12.99/lb

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.