Back to the office

11,723 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dubi
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AGGODDESS said:

This was my (only) issue....

Re: AWL, some of us don't have bosses that support it regardless of it's an official option.
submit it anyway. they don't like it, they can deny it with an explanation and you can appeal/resolve it through the HR channels. Isn't that what that system exists to do?
GTdad
First post. Hey guys.

I think I have an answer. We're talking about three degrees of separation, so take it for what it's worth, but the Chancellor was willing to take his time in getting folks back to work, since working remotely didn't turn out to be the clusterfoxtrot most people thought it would be, but the Board of Regents pretty much forced his hand. So back we go.

I'll miss it. A guy can get used to wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt to work everyday, and taking kid/dog breaks.
BCSWguru
interesting stats from a meeting....75% of our office intends to apply for an AWL. Hilarious stuff.
reineraggie09
AG
She is a champion. And lately has been starting work at 3-4am to get a bunch done prior to the toddler waking up.
Love Gun
LSCSN said:

interesting stats from a meeting....75% of our office intends to apply for an AWL. Hilarious stuff.

Fill me in. What does that mean?
dubi
AG
Love Gun said:

LSCSN said:

Fill me in. What does that mean?
"work from home" = "AWL - alternative work location"
Rearview
AG
LSCSN said:

We're told medical reasons only.
cavscout96
AG

Quote:

"The objective of the provision of an AWL is to create a flexible and supportive work environment for Texas A&M employees. However, departmental and Texas A&M operational requirements take precedence over an employee's request for an AWL as determined by the department or equivalent unit head"

if you've been killing it from home for a year, I don't see how they could objectively deny it, especially if their (lack of) communication caused the issue
BCSWguru
Rearview said:

LSCSN said:

We're told medical reasons only.

Which is why it's funny. Everyone thinks they are special. Reality will be hilarious.
Tookieclothespin
AG
Who is "we"???

My group was told awl is probably no issue until august 31st but after tough luck
Tookieclothespin
AG
I believe it because I've been doing it too. I've been lucky enough to have some help from family and a neighbor girl to come over and babysit. My work would be 1000% noticed if it wasn't done and you do what you've got to do. As crazy as it's been, I've loved it.
Stupe
S
Tookieclothespin said:

Who is "we"???

My group was told awl is probably no issue until august 31st but after tough luck
That's how it should be handled.

Give people that will go back in more time to adjust.

People that don't want to go back in when school starts in the Fall should start putting resume's and CV's in elsewhere right now.
FlyRod
Quote:

People that don't want to go back in when school starts in the Fall should start putting resume's and CV's in elsewhere right now.

Already happening.
Justin2010
AG
I wonder how long before they drop the mask rule with the new CDC guidance.
Justin2010
AG
Looks like TAMU mask mandate will end on June 4th, according to Governor's new executive order.
dubi
AG
Justin2010 said:

Looks like TAMU mask mandate will end on June 4th, according to Governor's new executive order.
Link?
Rearview
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/app/2021/05/18/gov-abbott-signs-executive-order-prohibiting-mask-mandates/
techno-ag
AG
dubi said:

Justin2010 said:

Link?

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/18/greg-abbott-texas-mask-mandate/

Quote:

Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Tuesday banning government entities in Texas like cities and counties from requiring masks to fight the coronavirus pandemic. The order also says that after June 4, public schools will no longer be able to mandate masks on their campuses.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
dubi
AG
Rearview said:

https://www.kbtx.com/app/2021/05/18/gov-abbott-signs-executive-order-prohibiting-mask-mandates/

Quote:

Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Tuesday banning government entities in Texas like cities and counties from requiring masks to fight the coronavirus pandemic. The order also says that after June 4, public schools will no longer be able to mandate masks on their campuses.
Starting Friday, any government entity that tries to impose a mask mandate can face a fine of up to $1,000, according to the order. The order exempts state-supported living centers, government-owned or -operated hospitals, Texas Department of Criminal Justice facilities, Texas Juvenile Justice Department facilities, and county and municipal jails.
The order is arguably the most consequential for public schools. After Abbott ended the statewide mask requirement in early March, school systems were allowed to continue with their own mask-wearing policies unchanged. But after June 4, "no student, teacher, parent, or other staff member or visitor may be required to wear a face covering," according to Abbott's new order.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.