Tractor maintenance and repair?

1,266 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tfunk02
tfunk02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a small Mahindra tractor 4000 series we use mostly for the bush hog, and it needs some normal maintenance. Wondering who we should go to, or have come out to us? Any leads on good tractor mechanics in the B/CS area?

Thanks!
TexasAggie_02
AG
pretty sure any of the dealers in town will work on it, but you will be the last thing on their mind, b/c you did not buy from them. depending on what you need done, it could literally be months.

what kind of maintenance are you talking about?
tfunk02
AG
Nothing crazy, I think a coolant hose has a crack and then whatever fluids need to be done after about 50 hours of use from new. The place we bought it went out of business, but I think they still have a place in Normangee. I was hoping there were mobile mechanics that could drop in while I'm at work.

I know that with cars the dealership isn't the best place to go, so I thought it might be the same for tractors.
techno-ag
AG
I think J5 in Normangee handles Mahindra. Might give them a call and find out if they can send someone or if you can take it to them.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Donny Hall
See if Joe can help you in Bryan
http://wegwertinc.com/
(979) 364-2502
UmustBKidding
Bryan isd cte group might do it teaching kids while they are at it
TexasAggie_02
AG
tfunk02 said:

Nothing crazy, I think a coolant hose has a crack and then whatever fluids need to be done after about 50 hours of use from new. The place we bought it went out of business, but I think they still have a place in Normangee. I was hoping there were mobile mechanics that could drop in while I'm at work.

I know that with cars the dealership isn't the best place to go, so I thought it might be the same for tractors.
if the tractor is under warranty, i would take it to a mahindra dealer. taking it anywhere else may void the warranty
cavscout96
AG
Where in BCS are you?

Which model Mahindra?

Do you have the fluids and filters or are you looking to have someone get them for you?
studioone
do it yourself.. I do... Its not hard..

Bryan hose and gasket can get you new hoses.. its where the repair companies get theirs from...
tfunk02
AG
I have nothing and no experience besides changing oil in cars and adding oil to the bush hog. I'm a city boy that moved out here 2 years ago and never drove a tractor until this one.

I'll need to find out what exactly needs to be done, what fluids, and what parts I need. I'll also need videos or service manuals to get it done. That's a lot of time, but maybe when I hear what a mechanic wants me to spend I'll wish I did it myself. I'll give it a little time today of googling to see what all I need and need to do.
cavscout96
AG
Might be able to come help.

Again, where are you located?
What model tractor?
tfunk02
AG
I'm down near the Brazos river behind the Brushy Fire Station off of Raymond Stotzer Parkway. It is a 4540 2wd.

I found this video, think I may try it myself. I just need to get the parts ordered. Any help is appreciated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.