Junior Aero Student Summer Internship

1,131 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rodan85
Weekster7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy ags,

I'm a junior Aerospace Engineering major from Austin (Both my parents were aggies, don't worry). This year I've struggled with my career search and finding an internship. My primary focus has been on both technical and program/project management roles in the aerospace industry, although I'm willing to work anywhere that I can progress my skills and knowledge.

I'm aware it is very late in most firms recruiting cycles and that this is a shot in the dark, but if any ags out there knows someone with a need for an extra set of motivated hands, I would be more than happy to bust my ass for them this summer. I couldn't care less about pay and primarily want to get experience in a professional environment.

Here's a little about myself. On campus I'm involved with multiple orgs, including SAE AERO Design, the Aggie Men's Rugby team and the greek honor society. I'm very proficient with Excel and have experience using Solidworks and coding in Python. Career wise I have always had a passion for all things aviation with an interest in project management, and in my free time I'm either watching Aggie sports or out on the campus links. Even if you can't help I appreciate you for taking the time out of your day to read this and if you can help, please shoot me a private message and I'll send you my phone number!

Thanks & Gig'em

lburton
AG
Howdy!

The Texas A&M Career Center is a great resource for you and has a whole team solely dedicated to Engineering students. I used to work at the Career Center and am familiar with the team. They are great! If you have not met with them, I strongly advise you to do so ASAP. Also, keep looking at HireAggies.com. The companies that post positions are looking for Aggie talent.

Posting here is a great idea. Always tap into The Aggie Network.

Best wishes!

Lisa Burton '10
FamousAgg
Pm sent
aviationag
AG
Sent you a PM
momlaw
AG
Betting Weekster7 doesn't receive PMs.
Not a paying member.

Can understand your interest.
Sounds like a straight up student with clear goals.
momlaw
aviationag
AG
I think you are right!
aviationag
AG
I sent you a PM, as you requested, but momlaw pointed out you might not be able to receive them. Send me your resume to: rachel.a.jackson@raytheon.com
rodan85
AG
L2 in Dripping Springs is a great place to intern at. Give them a call.

My son (Aero class of '19) worked there as an intern for several years and is now at Lockheed in Fort Worth.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.