South Brazos County esd 1 sales tax increase?

1,026 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by deh40
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have a map of what area this affects? 1.5% seems pretty steep. Apparently this is being voted on today but I can't figure out if I can vote.

https://www.kxxv.com/brazos/new-1-5-sales-tax-increase-on-the-ballot-in-brazos-county-esd-1
Post removed:
by user
AgProgrammer
AG
Seems like they'd have more than enough funding with the yearly increases in property tax revenue.
BrazosWifi
AgProgrammer said:

Seems like they'd have more than enough funding with the yearly increases in property tax revenue.

I domt think the volunteer fire department sees any of the tax money unless the county doles it out to them in a special case.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
LOYAL AG
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Here's what I saw on Nextdoor. I don't know how much retail there is in that area.

That is false. Sales taxes in the county are 6.75%, not 8.25%. This would take it to 8.25%. Sales tax in Texas cannot exceed that amount.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Post removed:
by user
AgProgrammer
AG
Maybe that's the case in Brazos County. In Grimes County, most of the volunteer departments (Anderson, Iola, Roans Prairie, etc) do get county funds, and pretty substantial ones at that. They have dispatch fees that are paid out on the number of units that roll to accidents, fires, etc. This was actually a point of contention in Grimes County a couple of years ago that the county judge was wanting to cut the funding back because the departments were rolling unnecessary numbers of units to auto accidents and then requesting payouts for each unit. Off topic, but I don't disagree with the judge when I roll up on a minor accident and see 8+ volunteers vehicles and one state trooper.
deh40
AG
BrazosWifi said:

AgProgrammer said:

I domt think the volunteer fire department sees any of the tax money unless the county doles it out to them in a special case.
The ESD, which is the volunteer fire department, is a line item tax on your property tax statement
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.