B/CS builder who builds multigenerational houses?

3,665 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Txag17
motherrunnersBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Planning to bring my mil from out of state to live with us in a year or two. Want to incorporate a part of the house (new build) as her space which means it will need to be accessible - wider doorways, easy access shower, grab bars, etc. A builder who understands this kind of need and work and has done it before and can direct us? I am sure there are things we are not thinking of.
cavscout96
AG
Any decent architect should be able to handle this.

Also think about how she will transition from "her space" to "your space."

Assuming you want her to come to Thanksgiving dinner....
CEAg78
AG
Architex Studio designed our very accessible house.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
motherrunnersBCS
Oh we have the plans, was just hoping to find a builder who is good at this kind of work, already knows the suppliers for the bathroom items etc. and that we would not have to explain everything since we will not be in College Station for part of the time. In some places, there are builders who specialize in "universal design" but I was not able to find any in B/CS with a web search.
aggiepaintrain
AG
any builder can do this

My first call would be Crowley Homes
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Kolby Homes/Construction does this!

https://www.kolbyhomes.com/

Mission Ranch AG
AG
We just built our home last year and the entire home was designed with ADA specifications. As we designed the home, the architect included all the ADA requirements, i.e. all doors are 3 ft wide, roll in shower with a built in seat, grab bars in shower and potty area, ADA thresholds on all exterior doors, lower light switches, and to eliminate trip hazards, all floors are tile or hardwood. As you interview the different builders, point out these requirements on the plans, and they should be able to build whatever you need.
selk
AG
Thomas Pack ridgewood custom homes
cj774
AG
selk said:

Thomas Pack ridgewood custom homes
TPack is a good guy. Worked with him in a student worker job at A&M.
crappydad
Ambit Homes is able to do compete design and build to fit your needs.
motherrunnersBCS
Mission Ranch, who did you use to build your home? Are you still happy?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
motherrunnersBCS said:

Planning to bring my mil from out of state to live with us in a year or two. Want to incorporate a part of the house (new build) as her space which means it will need to be accessible - wider doorways, easy access shower, grab bars, etc. A builder who understands this kind of need and work and has done it before and can direct us? I am sure there are things we are not thinking of.

Some good names mentioned already but really this kinda work isn't anything special for a builder. Any reputable builder can do it.

Now if you are looking for builders in the area then my personal opinion is the list to call down and look at includes:

Raven
Magruder
Crowley
Blue Stone
RNL
Marriott
Mission Ranch AG
AG
We used Pitman Custom Homes. They were fantastic to work with on our home. We built in the Mission Ranch subdivision, Reserve Section (custom home lots). If you have any additional questions, let me know and I will be glad to help.
Bucketrunner
How many acres in the Mission Ranch lots?
Mission Ranch AG
AG
In the custom home section, lots go from about 0.4 to a little over an acre for a couple of the lots. The lots not on the lake start at around $180K and the lots on the water start at around $240K. There are 29 home sites in the first section of custom home sites with about 50% sold. It looks like they are about to start the next phase of custom lots and I think there will be about 10-12 lots in this section. The deed restrictions require houses on the water to be a minimum 3500sf and off the water 3000sf. Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Bucketrunner
Thanks!
mwm
Larry Marriott has built our last two homes. The first was not designed with ADA in mind but the second one was so that we can "age in place". In both instances, we were and are very pleased.
Txag17
AG
Howdy!

I am a custom home builder with a degree in Construction Science from A&M. We serve all of the Greater Brazos Valley building custom homes and custom barndominiums.

We are well versed in ADA requirements. I designed a 100% ADA accesible home just a couple of months ago for an older couple.

Feel free to reach out, I would love to discuss the details of your home!

https://www.gasconstructionllc.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.