Retaining Wall Collapsed

1,700 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Old Ag 74
Old Ag 74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Pavestone retaining wall collapsed in about a 15 foot section due to the rain this afternoon. The Pavestones are the large commercial kind and the wall is (was) about 5 feet high. Does anyone know of someone with some expertise in building/rebuilding a retaining wall? TIA
AgsWin2011
AG
Can I ask how the wall was constructed? My company just built a short retaining wall for a resident in Huntsville.
Old Ag 74
AG
It's stacked about 5 feet tall with pea gravel then soil behind it.
MisterShipWreck
I think to do it right, it is supposed to start below ground with maybe a footer.
Old Ag 74
AG
MisterShipWreck said:

I think to do it right, it is supposed to start below ground with maybe a footer.
There is a footer of the pavestone that is buried and about 2 or 3 inches above the ground. Each Pavestone is 8 inches tall, so 5 or 6 inches is in the ground for the footer stone. The wall at its tallest point is 5 pavestones high so the height is about 42 Inches or so. I've called several contractors, but having a hard time finding anyone that can do it without a long (months) wait.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.