Brazos CAD values posted

14,639 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiepaintrain
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Says unofficial on their site but many 2021 values are posted.
How does a 75 year old house go up in value 20 grand in one year with no recent improvements and the land value did not change in East Gate? I'm thinking if they are going to give value on replacing said structures at current lumber prices, we are in for a **** storm.
Lone Stranger
But the govt says there is no inflation. Now I understand why my insurance bill I just received took such a hike in price once I looked at the CAD evaluation.
rsa
AG
oklaunion said:

Says unofficial on their site but many 2021 values are posted.
How does a 75 year old house go up in value 20 grand in one year with no recent improvements and the land value did not change in East Gate? I'm thinking if they are going to give value on replacing said structures at current lumber prices, we are in for a **** storm.
Similar jump in Carter's Grove. The higher sales prices and addition of more $tealth dorms in the area have moved our evaluations up quite a bit.
ringrit
Quick look at some of the other houses on our street shows an across the board hike of about 9% regardless of the age/condition of the home. Our house is only 4 years old, but most of the others on the street are over 15 years old. We just had an appraisal done for a refinance 2 months ago, which shows our house valued at $50K LESS than the appraisal districts "unofficial value". We will be fighting like hell this year!
Corn Pop
33k increase in one year with zero upgrades. **** them.
hihozippo
AG
I have a townhouse. It went up $23k with no improvements. The price they have it appraised at it could never sell for!
jd1990
Try living in Austin area. House we paid 240K for in 2012. No improvement just went up 94K in appraised value to 399K. I would move except I can not work remotely and my kids love the schools they are in.
pacecar02
WOW, no change this year, first time in almost 10 years
Donny Hall
Without any improvements my 1980s homestead on munson went up 40k on structure, and my rentals in the area went up 12 - 18k all on structure. Yay I get to waste my time disputing,
pacecar02
Where would you move though? Home prices are up everywhere.
philothea
I honestly think they took a dart and threw it at properties on my street. There is no consistency in the amount the improvements went up. (They even increased values on a mobile home.)

Guess I will have to fight this year. Gave it to them last year and they increased so much this year the homestead cap applies. Land stayed the same and I have done no improvements in the last year. Guess I should bring pics of all the hail damage I got a couple weeks ago.
histag10
AG
Dont ask me why or how, but ours went DOWN by 2k
farmersfight
AG
Up $7,300...after only 1,000-2,000 increases the last 3 years. Gotta pay for all those city council pet projects.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
https://www.brazoscad.org/

For those who don't know where to look. Easy search option for name or address.

EDIT: Apparently mowing my yard last weekend raised the value almost $7k. Cause that's the only thing I can think of that changed in the past year.
AgProgrammer
AG
Not just Brazos. We've had major jumps for the past 3-4 years in Grimes County. Our land value has increased 100% (doubled) since 2018.
EriktheRed
AG
they got me for 13k this year, sadly that is very good news after the last 3 years!!
555-PINF
True. We're in Anderson. Our property appraisal has more than TRIPLED since 2018. I'll agree that it was way undervalued when we moved in, but it's at a point where it's approaching market value.

My biggest complaint is that valuations are so inconsistent. Our neighbors have 3x the amount of land and 3x the amount of house, but their total value is $20k less than my little place. I guess we're being punished because we keep it nice and don't have crap all over an overgrown yard. That, or we're not part of the "in" crowd and are treated differently because we moved in only two years ago.
MiMi
S
Increased 7.5% from last year. Nothing has changed on my home/lot or on my street.
jja79
AG
Would you sell the house today for the same thing you would have one year ago?
ShinerBlonde
AG
Up $50,000 on a 25 year old house. We did update the master bathroom this year. Guess it's worth $50,000 more now.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Bleh
oklaunion
jja79 said:

Would you sell the house today for the same thing you would have one year ago?
It is not for sale now and it wasn't for sale a year ago. And that is the statement I give them every year when I go fight it. They come back with " but if you have to rebuild it, it would cost more now". And I say, " but I don't need to rebuild it because the guys back in '46 built it the way things needed to be built".
Houses should stay the same valuation they were years ago until they sell. Then change the value.
MsC2012
AG
Parents house in Shenandoah went down 5k
ChampsAg
Best way to dispute? Ours went up almost $40k
BrazosWifi
oklaunion said:

Houses should stay the same valuation they were years ago until they sell. Then change the value.
This created a problem when California did this in the 70s. Research Prop 13 and what it did to the tax base.
Uncle Bug
AG
Down by $20k. Well... "OK."
woodiewood1
But, but, but they didn't raise the tax property tax rate too much!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Mine went DOWN 2200! Whoop!
trouble
AG
Down about 14k
Mathguy64
AG
I'm so glad the legislature solved the problem of out of control property taxes.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Sold house in 11/20 that house went up $35k

bought newer house it went up $40k

pacecar02
Name checks out
RGRAg1/75
AG
Primary residence up over $60k and investment up $29k. The primary residence is somewhat justifiable as we added a pool last year.

Still doesn't sit right with me. The rental jumping up 13% is what's got me aggravated this year. I'll protest both as I have the last several years.
AgsWin2011
AG
Ours went up nearly $20k
91_Aggie
AG
Mine went down by $4k.
I have mixed feelings
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.