New credit union/bank needed

3,291 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rexter
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggieland burned their last bridge with me after 25 yrs. Their app sucks, and there is no customer service after 4pm M-Th, and after 6pm on Friday.

I need a to move to someone else.
happyinBCS
Brenham National
Tailgate88
AG
Prosperity
Vinewood_03
First Financial. 5 locations around town. All products that the big boys have but still a hometown feel.
AggieBaseball06
AG
I just opened a small savings account with Aggieland CU for some side stuff and I am blown away at how antiquated their website is. I'm pretty sure the website I had to build for Hnatt's INFO class in the early 2000s was more advanced than their current website.
Post removed:
by user
chigger
AG
Wouldn't say I "love" it because I've definitely been annoyed in the past but it's fine for what I use it for. The website stuff doesn't bother me cause I never use it, and the mobile app is a little better than it used to be a few years ago.

Definitely wouldn't fault someone for looking elsewhere.
halibut sinclair
I would go with First Financial if I was picking a new bank right now. However, we've been with Wells Fargo and it's predecessors for over 30 years and have been very happy with in-person customer service and their app/website functionality.
O.G.
AggieBaseball06 said:

I just opened a small savings account with Aggieland CU for some side stuff and I am blown away at how antiquated their website is. I'm pretty sure the website I had to build for Hnatt's INFO class in the early 2000s was more advanced than their current website.
I hate hearing this. I have a friend that works there and he's a good guy. But I too have had difficulty with them overall.
bloom
I will add another recommendation for First Financial. Great service and great people. Stay far far far far far away from Wells Fargo.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
City (not Citi) is solid and so is Brenham.
halibut sinclair
bloom said:

Stay far far far far far away from Wells Fargo.

Disagree strongly.
Rice and Fries
happyinBCS said:

Brenham National

This. There's a reason why I've kept them as my savings bank since I opened my first bank account.
Lite81
Extraco
Jinx
Similar situation, does anyone have experience with Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union?
MiMi
S
Quote:

does anyone have experience with Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union
I've been a customer of BVSCU since 1995. I've been very happy with them, no complaints. Their app and website function well. Great customer service.
Average Joe
AG
I know there are a ton of Wells Fargo haters, but I've never had problems with them in the numerous years I've had them. I guess I'm just lucky.
jeffk
AG
Same here. Account holder there since 2001.
dubi
AG
Rexter said:

Aggieland burned their last bridge with me after 25 yrs. Their app sucks, and there is no customer service after 4pm M-Th, and after 6pm on Friday.

I need a to move to someone else.
We use a big bank for everyday banking plus use Aggieland for loans.

Then you don't have to worry about their crummy website.
Bunk Moreland
Sad part about ACU is they upgraded their online account software last year and it still looks and feels like it does.

I've been with them for a few years and I'm happy enough. Like dubi I use them primarily for loans.

Regular banking is through WF and I'm happy with them too.
Well, okay then
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

does anyone have experience with Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union
I've been a customer of BVSCU since 1995. I've been very happy with them, no complaints. Their app and website function well. Great customer service.
Same here. Been with them since the '80s.
FlyRod
BVSCU.
atm86
AG
USAA if you qualify
skeetboy3
AG
Brenham National Bank is in a whole mother world for customer service. The personal attention is incredible. Many of my family/friends bank there now and all seem very happy.
Rexter
Thanks for the suggestions. I went in last Thursday to vent my frustrations. The guy that got to listen to me said that Friday was his last day, and some of my complaints were part of his reason for leaving.
He said the CEO is only concerned with growth, and just wants to band-aid any problems.
He also said that there will be another new app by a 3rd party vendor (Affinion) which will release sometime in the fall. The current app supposedly was done from scratch in-house by 1 or 2 people that had no clue what they were doing.

I'll be swapping to someone else in a month or so. Gotta get a couple of road trips knocked out so I can decompress beforehand.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.