Interior Home Painting References

2,103 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CollegeStationMaid
TheOC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need contacts for repainting 65% of my house. Just need some people to call and get prices. I have no idea what this costs, and probably honestly won't do it (guessing it probably costs $6-8K when I don't want to pay more than $2-3K), but thought I'd at least call and check.

Google is not turning up good results, and the TexAgs search function is broken.
AgProgrammer
AG
It's going to cost at least what you're thinking (6-8k)+. I know who I'd recommend will be at least that.
TheOC16
AG
AgProgrammer said:

It's going to cost at least what you're thinking (6-8k)+. I know who I'd recommend will be at least that.

Thanks! If that's accurate, then that's all I needed to know!
maddiedou
AG
How bout a square footage and details

Same paint
No ceilings
No trim

So many variables
A location of a business that is somewhat close to you so somebody can decide if the drive time is reasonable

Just my opinion so you may get somebody to look at ir from here
maddiedou
WTM
If you are painting walls, ceiling and trim, $6 to $7 a square foot (total square footage of the home) is pretty fairr market price right now. For example a 4000sf house with complete interior repaint is around $25 to $28k.
maddiedou
AG
There is no way somebody is paying 28 000 to paint a house
And maybe I am wrong but that is crazy price Where is this location that you speak of because you are referencing a price that you have either seen or was quoted
maddiedou
555-PINF
Have brush, will travel.
TheOC16
AG
Okay, so it sounds like rather than gathering recommendations of painters, I'm instead posting the details of the specific job for TexAgs posters to give me their bids.

Fine with me, this way is easier:

1,100 square feet (to be painted)
No ceilings
No trim

"Bee Creek" Neighborhood, between 2818 and SW Pkwy just west of Texas Ave
(Didn't realize "distance" in a place like B/CS mattered, but looking at a couple posts apparently it does!)
maddiedou
AG
Well as I agree with you some people call bcs Anderson
Kurten
North zulch
That is why i asked

Text me at 979- eight two o -l87o. Gary

Tomorrow I am still doing alot of sheetrock but in about two weeks we may can do it

But i can probably come look at on sunday if you decide to text me
maddiedou
BCSWguru
I need the exterior of my house painted. I know you have good recommendations...
mgreen
I have a friend has a 3,000 square feet house and is being charged $30,000 to repaint the interior. My jaw dropped.
dubi
AG
mgreen said:

I have a friend has a 3,000 square feet house and is being charged $30,000 to repaint the interior. My jaw dropped.
Your friend is a moron.
Jetty
AG
Call Herb Thorn at Guaranteed painting (979) 776-9109. He's done a bunch of work for us.
His crew is on time, works clean and does a great job.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Try these 2. Painting has definitely gotten much more expensive than even 2 years ago btw so be ready.

Both of these guys do great work:

Martine 979 224 1012
Brad 979 255 2815
aggiepaintrain
AG
Jetty said:

Call Herb Thorn at Guaranteed painting (979) 776-9109. He's done a bunch of work for us.
His crew is on time, works clean and does a great job.

if you like runs definitely call him
ShinerBlonde
AG
We used Thomas with A Brush Above to do our master bath and part of our kitchen last spring. Both had terrible, terrible texturing over wallpaper from the prior owners. We had his crew fix the texturing and repaint both rooms (just the walls) and fix a bit of drywall in the bathroom. It was $2,700. They did a great job.
BucketofBalls99
I've had maddiedou do some sheetrock repair on a ceiling and he did a great job. So if his painting work is like that, then you are in good hands
aggielandsip
We used Certapro for my mom's house in July. Painted whole house (walls only, no ceilings) and it was very reasonable. Cost was more in line with OP's desired budget and her house is about 2300 sq ft.
JP76
They painted walls in 10 to 14 rooms for $2000-$3000 ?

JP76
I assume there is a lot of Cabinet painting or conversion from stain to paint ?

Seems high but cabinets are a whole different animal if you want them done correctly

CollegeStationMaid
Glory Enterprises - call or text 979-218-2335

Great work, honest and affordable
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.