Part-time Jobs for teen boys

3,340 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BCSMom
Coach Dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My sons (ages 15 and 16) are looking for part-time work for the rest of the spring and summer. What are some good options for them? One issue my younger son has run into is his age. Are there any employers that will hire a responsible 15 year old? We'd like to get them jobs at the same place for transportation purposes.

Thanks in advance.
agnerd
AG
Fast food and grocery stores for the 16 year old. Have the 15 year old offer up painting/mowing/moving/manual labor help on the local nextdoor page. Hope you aren't trying to get them to work at the same place AND have the same shift, because that will be tough.
dubi
AG
Coach Dub said:

My sons (ages 15 and 16) are looking for part-time work for the rest of the spring and summer. What are some good options for them? One issue my younger son has run into is his age. Are there any employers that will hire a responsible 15 year old? We'd like to get them jobs at the same place for transportation purposes.

Thanks in advance.
Can he mow, edge, weedeat, rake leaves?

Walk down the street with a "business card"!!!
JaneDoe02
AG
Maybe lifeguard at a city pool?

Subway hires them at 16 but it's going to be hard to find work for the 15 year old.
histag10
AG
Try HEB.
jeffk
AG
Officiate youth sports.
halibut sinclair
Pet sitting, walking, bathing, etc
veritas47
Too many stinking college kids stealing minimum wage jobs from deserving teens- Eagle Headline
Corn Pop
Pushing grocery carts in the middle of a parking lot in 100 degree heat for minimum wage. Or go find you a rancher that needs a hand locally.
AgAggie12
AG
I'm not sure in they still do but Kroger used to hire baggers at 15.
jeffk
AG
sorry, wrong thread
cj774
AG
Might be hard to do so now but always thought would be good for teens to work (at some point for a period of time) in the service industry (retail, delivery, food service, etc).

The craziness and frustrations of dealing with the public goes along way to helping to shape perspectives on how they should treat others for their future lives.
dubi
AG
jeffk said:

Officiate youth sports.

This! My son officiated soccer through college.
MarineBQ04
AG
Check with small locally owned businesses...you can start working at age 14. My oldest daughter turns 14 at the end of the year and has a job lined up with a local small business.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
I've got yard/land work (mowing, weed-eating, trimming, spraying, clearing, tree clean-up, hauling, etc) that I could turn in to a consistent weekly job for two teens (10-15hrs each) over the next 4-5 months or so. It wouldn't be the easiest way to earn a buck, and they'd need to be comfortable with the tools (utv, tractor, chain-saw, zero-turn, etc).

If interested email me at josh@[this site]
BCSMom
Anyone know of any high schoolers or college kids looking for a job?

Smoothie King off of Rock Prairie is hiring! If you have an open availability or can work mornings please fill out an application through snagajob for the 4001 State highway location!
CS78
I could use some help picking up trash on rural land. Old beer cans, etc. Nothing hard really. toledo 321 at a0l.c0m
Buford T. Justice
AG
HEB is a good gig. If I were 15 again, I would be there in a flash.
cs69ag
AG
send me an email to reply to if you have a young person to rake and bag leaves and to pull weeds in my floer beds. Probably about a 4-5 hr job ome day. I live is CS.
Coach Dub
Email me at 2013hondapilot2013 AT gmail DOT com
Coach Dub
Snagajob keeps kicking them out. Is there a minimum age above 16 for the position? My 15 year old (16 in August) is the most interested in working for Smoothie King.
BCSMom
It is 16 years old. Let me know when your kiddo applies. Both my daughters work there and I can tell my oldest (who is one of the managers) to look out for her application. My oldest has been there over 2 years and other daughter started right after she turned 16 in February.

They've been great working around school schedules as well as extra curricular activities.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.