Local postal service

2,233 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Smeghead4761
momtaxi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The post office seems like this is an on going problem that keeps getting worse around here. Either i don't get our mail on time or you get someone else mail in your box. The latest is that we were supposed to have a package delivered from Amazon on 4/9 and here it is Tuesday and it just says it's at the post office sitting there since the day it was supposed to get delivered. I've opened a case with the USPS online and tried to call them but the hold time is 60+ minutes. Unfortunately by the time I get home everyday they are already closed. Has anyone eve had any luck getting anywhere with them?
toolshed
AG
College Station post office I assume? Several past threads here on their terrible service and lack of response when questioned.

If it's an option, I'd recommend a UPS mailbox at their stores. Requires travel to get packages but definitely less frustrating.
Love Gun
Is there any way to turn off USPS Mail and go with something like UPS box? I'm tired of getting all their bull****, and most of the important mail I get (bills), can all be paid online. People that I care about already know how to contact me.

I don't need a mailbox in front of my house, or is there some silly ordnance
**** Joe Biden
NateDog
AG
Love Gun said:

Is there any way to turn off USPS Mail and go with something like UPS box? I'm tired of getting all their bull****, and most of the important mail I get (bills), can all be paid online. People that I care about already know how to contact me.

I don't need a mailbox in front of my house, or is there some silly ordnance
Someone's gonna get a visit from the Postmaster General...

oklaunion
We have Informed Delivery which has indicated we had mail coming Tuesday through Friday. Not one shred of anything delivered those days.
With the advertised slowdown beginning October 1, we may never get any again.

Last week I had a small package that was Signature Required. Didn't show up for 2 days after it was supposed to be delivered. Then showed up in mailbox with the bar code marked out with a black magic marker, presumably to hide the Sig. Required code. Online document indicated it was handed to the addressee person and even had initials of person who accepted it. Except those initials don't live here.
Expert Analysis
AG
You are getting the informed delivery emails? It has been a long time since I have received one. I figured they stopped so they were less likely to be contacted about missing mail….
FlyRod
It's a national issue; USPS is a mess. I'll stop short of an F16 explanation.
Smeghead4761
oklaunion said:

We have Informed Delivery which has indicated we had mail coming Tuesday through Friday. Not one shred of anything delivered those days.
With the advertised slowdown beginning October 1, we may never get any again.

Last week I had a small package that was Signature Required. Didn't show up for 2 days after it was supposed to be delivered. Then showed up in mailbox with the bar code marked out with a black magic marker, presumably to hide the Sig. Required code. Online document indicated it was handed to the addressee person and even had initials of person who accepted it. Except those initials don't live here.
At least you got it. I had a package come, signature required. I signed the slip, checked for leave it at the front door. Haven't seen the package, and that was three weeks ago. I live well out of town, so I'm pretty sure it's not porch pirates, and I'm in 77808 (Bryan),

If you see a postal worker with a very nice Nepalese khukri, I'd like a word with them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.