Fiber optic being installed in CS....

2,072 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by UmustBKidding
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got a notice on my front door that they (a company contracted by Frontier, I assume) will be installing fiber optic in the neighborhood. Other than the fact that they may be digging up my yard to do so, does this mean anything to me? An additional internet choice maybe?
BQ_90
AG
here's what it'll mean to your future bill

Average Joe
AG
Why do you believe that they are contracted by Frontier? There are at least 3 ISP's that are running fiber to neighborhoods in B/CS.

What neighborhood? If you don't mind sharing.
momtaxi
They are contracted by frontier. I know someone in the know that works for them
UmustBKidding
Lots of fiber in town that has little to do with internet also. At one point a few yeats ago frontier had close to 30 remote switching units most that are fiber fed. They typically have colocated dslam to provide dsl to subscribers homed on that rsu. Also sudden link and frontier provide local cell sites fiber backhaul throughout the local area. So new fiber in the case of frontier may mean nothing or little improvement to subscribers.
rc_cat
Average Joe said:

Why do you believe that they are contracted by Frontier? There are at least 3 ISP's that are running fiber to neighborhoods in B/CS.

What neighborhood? If you don't mind sharing.
Because the preprinted hangy-doo I got on my front door says the work is being done by Aspen Utility Co. with the Frontier logo on the sheet. It also asks if I'm "ready for blazing-fast Frontier FiberOptic Internet" - but, after reading the rest of this thread, it sounds like I shouldn't take that question seriously. Raintree, by the way.
BrazosWifi
I heard through the grapevine that Frontier was planning to do FTTH. I didn't believe it.

I guess the rumor was true.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Rice and Fries
Frontier > Suddenlink

Frontiers customer service is a smidgen above Duddenlinks.
Chase
AG
BrazosWifi said:

I heard through the grapevine that Frontier was planning to do FTTH. I didn't believe it.

I guess the rumor was true.
I wouldn't believe it either...the most recent rumors actually had Frontier considering (for the third time since acquiring it) selling off the Texas market, among others.

Either way, Frontier has had significant trouble successfully running and managing the business they already had...you'd think they might concentrate on that before expansion.
UmustBKidding
Also raintree is not the typical neighborhood type for an advanced telecom offering launch. My strategy is to watch watch what frontier is Installing in walt magnuson neighborhood, and hope it gets spread around.
TommyBrady
AG
Didn't A&M just switch to Frontier?
UmustBKidding
For what? The have been customers of gte sw, verizon, frontier since forever.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.