COVID Testing for Infants

1,176 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by exalted512
exalted512
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know where I can take my 1-year-old to get a COVID test? Our daycare is requiring it to go back to school because one of her teachers had it. Less evasive test with fast results is a plus!

Bryan, College Station, Navasota, or Huntsville works.

Thanks!
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
If the kid can cough on command, they can get a cheek swab test at any of the Curative locations around town. They say results are available within 48 hours, but I've had around a dozen tests and never waited more than 24 hours for results.

https://curative.com/
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
www.docishere.com

They'll come to you.
KidDoc
AG
St Jo respiratory can do this if they have symptoms. I'm seeing COVID PUI as well at my clinic but that is mostly for established patients. You should be able to contact your toddler's doctor and get directed to a testing facility.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
exalted512
AG
Thanks everyone! There were several places that wouldn't see her because of her age or because she wasn't showing symptoms. The St Joseph's beside the College Station Lowe's was able to do the test. Her doctor would also be able to do it, but not until 4pm, then another 2-3 days to get the results. Hopefully we can get her results back faster with St Joseph's.
KidDoc
AG
I've been getting my COVID tests back first thing the next morning all but 1 day in the last 6 weeks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
exalted512
AG
Just an update, we got the results back from Express Care at St. Joseph Health within 24 hours. Baby girl didn't even cry. They were negative
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.