New Traffic Light on Wellborn

2,546 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by doubledog
Geop84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A new light is being put in on Wellborn near Hullabaloo. It doesn't make sense to me. Any thoughts on why?
Tailgate88
AG
Lots of accidents. They need one in front of the post office too.
txxwildcard
Deacon and Wellborn should be next!!!
TXAGBQ76
AG
New large housing development going in
watcholady
AG
There is also a new neighborhood going in right there and a new road, partially built, making the light an intersection.

Oops- posted at the same time...
AggiePhil
AG
Royder is being "realigned" to intersect with Wellborn there. Probably to ease congestion on the current Royder/Victoria intersection. The problematic Koppe Bridge RR crossing is being closed in favor of a new crossing at Wellborn/Royder (new light).
cz308
Town full of idiots who can't drive, so let's just install more lights.
AggiePhil
AG
I wouldn't necessarily call them idiots but do remember that our driving population turns over every four years.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
txxwildcard said:

On this topic, anyone know who has the right-of-way between the people turning right onto northbound Wellborn from Deacon vs. the people making U-turns from southbound to northbound Welborn? Lots of accidents and near-accidents happen there.
Rexter
A Net Full of Jello said:

txxwildcard said:

On this topic, anyone know who has the right-of-way between the people turning right onto northbound Wellborn from Deacon vs. the people making U-turns from southbound to northbound Welborn? Lots of accidents and near-accidents happen there.

The vehicle making the u-turn has right of way.
Aggie
AG
Rexter said:

txxwildcard said:

Pretty sure it's whoever initiates their turn first has the right of way.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
The offset intersection at Wellborn/Baron/Capstone is brutal. I'm not a fan of putting red lights everywhere, but they at least need to align those streets.
PS3D
Deacon needs a light, but not until they install the new crossing, which is definitely needed before they irreparably make the Holleman/2818 intersection more miserable.
Rearview
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

The offset intersection at Wellborn/Baron/Capstone is brutal. I'm not a fan of putting red lights everywhere, but they at least need to align those streets.
I thought realignment there was planned for years now...
ShinerBlonde
AG
I agree the u-turns at Deacon are getting dangerous. You might have 5-10 cars lined up in the turn lane on Wellborn and it is not always obvious if they are turning onto Deacon or planning to do a u-turn. They also turn across all 3 lanes to go into Dutch Bro or Dunkin which makes it difficult for those turning right from Deacon on to Wellborn to safely turn into the right hand lane. There is an attorney in Dallas who wrote an article on u-turns recently and he indicated the u-turn driver is typically found at fault for accidents unless they prove the other driver was texting, drunk or otherwise distracted. So those who assume they have the right away on a u-turn and end up in an accident may be surprised to find out they may be found at fault. https://oharelawfirm.com/dallas-personal-injury-attorney/u-turn-accident-in-texas-whos-to-blame-insight-from-a-texas-car-accident-lawyer/
UmustBKidding
I personally think this cure for wrecks at the cain/wellborn intersection is worse than the original problem. They need to do the deacon crossing and disallow U turns at deacon until then. Personally though allowing no east bound traffic on Cain over tracks would have been a better stopgap.
UmustBKidding
I has been but their original oh we will move Barron behind all the houses of an align with capstone so we don't have to deal with UP has hopefully finally been totally killed. So the sane option of realigning capstone with Barron is the current option but requires replacement crossing from UP and don't know where negotiation on that are but RR's are trying to close crossings not add more or rebuild existing. Am sure they will at a minimum cash from city and typically want concessions like closing other crossings. Not many that they could close but maybe Butte by adding access from the the west via IGN or something
LOYAL AG
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

We've been told they are going to redirect Capstone to cross the tracks opposite Baron. My guess is we get a light there when that happens. Wellborn probably needs to come down to 45 as well at least until they widen it to four lines, with a median of course. No new roads without medians.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
doubledog
txxwildcard said:

Better have a no right turn on red, for the safety of the U turners.
doubledog
Rexter said:

txxwildcard said:

Not necessarily
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.