Luke's Bartending Service Skipping Out

3,753 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BrazosWifi
Goodbull_19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross posted on Outdoor Board, but putting in here in case anyone has recently dealt with Luke's...

Having issues with Luke's bartending service in College Station before my wedding in 2 weeks.

I booked Luke's for my wedding. At first communication was good, got quoted, contract signed, security deposit paid back in the fall. Now, we have not heard from them since, despite repeated efforts over the past 3 months to reach out via email, phone and text to get questions and follow-ups answered.

From what I have heard, the manager, whom we had dealt with, has left the company and now they are skipping out on currently booked clients, and people have to scramble to find a new bartender (as I now have). However, I've also heard that they will still try to show up at your event despite any communication and demand payment.

What can I do about this?? Since I haven't heard from them, I went ahead and booked someone else for my wedding, but trying to see what my options are if Luke's tries to show up and claim they have a signed contract demanding payment.

I have left a voicemail, sent a text and email basically saying "use this as notification we are not using your services for my wedding due to a lack of response over past 90 days" Is there anything else I can do? Further, can I do anything to get my $400 security deposit back? Check was cashed back in the fall.
James Russell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wedding in October, here. We were considering Luke's for bar services but haven't heard back since the initial inquiry a while back. Who else should we be considering locally?
AggieBaseball06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
James Russell said:

Wedding in October, here. We were considering Luke's for bar services but haven't heard back since the initial inquiry a while back. Who else should we be considering locally?


I've heard good things about Laura's....

https://www.laurasbartendingservices.com/
The Ghost of DUCK01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Laura's is excellent. I've attended many events they've serviced and never had anything other than outstanding service.
crbongos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Laura's good. I hear Luke's is getting out
CRBongo
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They were great on General Hospital.
Goodbull_19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

James Russell said:

Wedding in October, here. We were considering Luke's for bar services but haven't heard back since the initial inquiry a while back. Who else should we be considering locally?


I've heard good things about Laura's....

https://www.laurasbartendingservices.com/
Laura's is who we are now going with... She has been great to work with so far!
James Russell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! We will be reaching out to Laura's.
Slocum on a mobile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OP, I'd throw a couple of your buddies a $20 to be "security" to make sure Ol' Luke doesn't show up.
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Goodbull_19 said:

Cross posted on Outdoor Board, but putting in here in case anyone has recently dealt with Luke's...

Having issues with Luke's bartending service in College Station before my wedding in 2 weeks.

I booked Luke's for my wedding. At first communication was good, got quoted, contract signed, security deposit paid back in the fall. Now, we have not heard from them since, despite repeated efforts over the past 3 months to reach out via email, phone and text to get questions and follow-ups answered.

From what I have heard, the manager, whom we had dealt with, has left the company and now they are skipping out on currently booked clients, and people have to scramble to find a new bartender (as I now have). However, I've also heard that they will still try to show up at your event despite any communication and demand payment.

What can I do about this?? Since I haven't heard from them, I went ahead and booked someone else for my wedding, but trying to see what my options are if Luke's tries to show up and claim they have a signed contract demanding payment.

I have left a voicemail, sent a text and email basically saying "use this as notification we are not using your services for my wedding due to a lack of response over past 90 days" Is there anything else I can do? Further, can I do anything to get my $400 security deposit back? Check was cashed back in the fall.
I would send a registered letter to them stating that you were cancelling the contract due to lack of communication. I would list the dates, times and methods of all your attempts to contact them.

I would also state that if you don't get your deposit back via certified check or money order in 10 days you will be filing a Small Claims suit against them.

op_06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Luke's related to JJ Liquor in anyway? We bought booze from JJ and used Luke's for our wedding. They're either sister companies or Luke's came recommended by JJ. You may reach out to JJ and see if they know anything.
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Luke is a friend of mine and has been the premiere service here in town for a long time. Is there a chance the manager that left isn't passing info along to the company? Have you talked to Luke directly?
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Luke did our wedding and the weddings of several friends, this doesn't sound like how LBS does business. I would almost bet something isn't getting to Luke.
keo1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Call buppys they have a bartending service now
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
Lincoln Park
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you are looking for another local option, Cocktails 4 U has done numerous events I've attended and been fantastic. cocktails4u.net
BucketofBalls99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
op_06 said:

Is Luke's related to JJ Liquor in anyway? We bought booze from JJ and used Luke's for our wedding. They're either sister companies or Luke's came recommended by JJ. You may reach out to JJ and see if they know anything.
If it's who I am thinking of, they are of the same immediate family. But do not know for sure 100%
Slocum on a mobile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
keo1 said:

Call buppys they have a bartending service now



Cue Dufflepud meme...
Graceful
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As a event vendor in the BCS area, I highly recommend Laura's Bartending service. Also, have worked extensively with the staff now overseeing the Bartending service option with Buppy's.

I'm also sorry to the original OP that you are having difficulties this close to your event. If you have a wedding coordinator, see if they have a strategic way to get a hold of Luke.....we have all been in the business for quite a while. Good luck! And congrats!
bugle rank '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cocktails 4 you is awesome!
We’ve never lost a halftime...
busdriver88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How about some invites to these open bar events?
Goodbull_19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EliteElectric said:

Luke is a friend of mine and has been the premiere service here in town for a long time. Is there a chance the manager that left isn't passing info along to the company? Have you talked to Luke directly?
The emails I have been sending are going to his business email address. My repeated phone calls and texts I do not believe are going to the old manager's number. I once got a text back from that number saying, "I am receiving your messages, I will call tomorrow". Never called or responded since. I don't believe that response was from the old manager.
Goodbull_19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EliteElectric said:

Luke did our wedding and the weddings of several friends, this doesn't sound like how LBS does business. I would almost bet something isn't getting to Luke.
I wish that were the case, but I doubt it. Every bartender I talked to said he has been doing this to people. Other services are picking up his clients. It is sad because I understand he has been in business the longest in the area.
gettingitdone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would definitely reach out to JJ. Luke's uses him for his alcohol. If Luke is dropping the ball, JJ's isn't getting the business either. I believe they are related. As for other options,,,I have heard phenomenal things about Cocktails To Go!!
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Luke Ruffino is JJ's son.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Luke Ruffino is JJ's son.


This.
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for the rec on Lisa. Will hopefully start working for them soon. Speaking of, if y'all need a bartender, I'm game and cheap!
gettingitdone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Check out his FB page.....the reviews are horrible and are similar to your experience.
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://yelp.to/Oy3dnqvmffb

Seems like bad business at best and criminal at worst
BrazosWifi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
gettingitdone said:

Luke's uses him for his alcohol.


JJ hasn't been in the liquor business since shortly after Specs came to town. JJ is doing real estate with Cherry now.

Luke is his son. I have no idea what's going on with Luke and why he isn't responding or handling his business.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.