Welcome to college station sign

5,698 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BrandoC
BwdAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On 6 coming from Navasota. Nice $10k sign surrounded by road construction material stockpiles. It has been a trashy eyesore for quite some time now.

Any idea who should be responsible for taking pride in the city and getting the area cleaned up?
doubledog
BwdAg said:

On 6 coming from Navasota. Nice $10k sign surrounded by road construction material stockpiles. It has been a trashy eyesore for quite some time now.

Any idea who should be responsible for taking pride in the city and getting the area cleaned up?
I think it is reflects the general nature of the city to do only the "flashy" things and neglect everything else. (See Taj Mahals 1,2 and now 3).
Post removed:
by user
oklaunion
Nancy Berry stated the reason the city needed to annex those properties around Wellborn was because they wanted to ensure the entrance to CS didn't have any eyesores. Those properties included some 1/2 mile west of the RR tracks that no one ever drove past.
And then she was elected as a commissioner so she could tell Brazos county what they needed. Some of her ilk are back on city council.
TSJ
AG
That's a $150,000 sign.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/New-gateway-sign-approved-for-SH-6-in-south-College-Station-510365041.html
Tamuag04
AG
TXDoT ROW - piles of asphalt millings. Not much the City can do.
"No Fi, Chuck Finley is forever..."
Post removed:
by user
Love Gun
City council is more worried about keeping everyone in masks these days.

Quote:

Councilman John Crompton was one of multiple council members who expressed frustration with Abbott's recent decision to rescind the mask mandate.

"The governor's decision is egregiously irresponsible," he said. "It is totally out of line with all of the medical evidence. It is done to make a political point. It frankly inhibits us totally from engaging in the health, safety and welfare of our residents, which is our primary mission. I am so angry about this, and I feel so powerless about it when it's such a wrong decision and it's such a selfish decision."

https://theeagle.com/news/local/college-station-city-council-votes-to-repeal-local-mask-mandate/article_6f8f6bea-82ef-11eb-a058-ab569850a9e3.html
**** Joe Biden
SCHTICK00
AG
Love Gun said:

City council is more worried about keeping everyone in masks these days.

Quote:

Councilman John Crompton was one of multiple council members who expressed frustration with Abbott's recent decision to rescind the mask mandate.

"The governor's decision is egregiously irresponsible," he said. "It is totally out of line with all of the medical evidence. It is done to make a political point. It frankly inhibits us totally from engaging in the health, safety and welfare of our residents, which is our primary mission. I am so angry about this, and I feel so powerless about it when it's such a wrong decision and it's such a selfish decision."

https://theeagle.com/news/local/college-station-city-council-votes-to-repeal-local-mask-mandate/article_6f8f6bea-82ef-11eb-a058-ab569850a9e3.html

" I feel so powerless"...and there it is.
BucketofBalls99
What about all of the weeds that grow in the cracks of the overpasses that end up looking like crap? Or just the overpasses in general (especially the exit lane for Rock Prairie) that are never maintained and all of the bits of trash, piled up gravel, blown out tires, etc. that accumulates over time? I don't understand why these aren't cleaned on a somewhat regular basis....
H2SAag
AG
Crazy that that's what you get for 150K
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ReelAg6
Those signs piss me off every time I drive by them. What a waste of money.
UmustBKidding
Remember this sign was a need, when i suggested it was at best a want and far from a need they were indignant.
At least it was only 150k the various signs directing people to local attractions paid for by cocs, bryan and tamu was more 400k.
What a deal!
EliteElectric
SCHTICK00 said:

" I feel so powerless"...and there it is.
if politics were condensed into an essential oil
jeffk
AG
Navasota's sign looks better.
SandAG
I'm sure part of that hefty price tag is the solar lighting system. I think I've seen it illuminated after midnight just once. Maybe it's set to turn off earlier.
bcstx06
I believe those signs will have to be torn down when HWY 6 is widened to 6 lanes.

Bryan held of building them because they said that they would be torn down when the freeway is widened. They claim to be building them after its widened.

To me they kind of look small townish.
techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

I believe those signs will have to be torn down when HWY 6 is widened to 6 lanes.

Bryan held of building them because they said that they would be torn down when the freeway is widened. They claim to be building them after its widened.

Bryan is well known for making wise decisions like that.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Love Gun
techno-ag said:

bcstx06 said:

Bryan is well known for making wise decisions like that.

Born in Bryan. Live in College Station.

I couldn't agree more!
**** Joe Biden
milner79
jeffk said:

Reagan, Texas, FTW. The way it evokes the Alamo is classic.

toolshed
AG
SandAG said:

I'm sure part of that hefty price tag is the solar lighting system. I think I've seen it illuminated after midnight just once. Maybe it's set to turn off earlier.

Sun went down. Batteries probably died. Go solar!
TAMU1990
AG
jeffk said:

Caldwell has one too
EliteElectric
jeffk said:

Same architecture and lights as the CS one. Exact same. We built the north one by university
jeffk
AG
Yessir, same sign but theirs looks a ton better. That's why I mentioned it.
mhnatt
Sort of like the former welcome sign at Easterwood: "Home of the Research Valley". It reminded me of the typical little man stuff I'd see in academia.
veritas47
How long until Nancy Berry tells Navasota to stop being an eyesore?
BrandoC
AG
What's even more trashy is having two separate shatty trailer parks (across from Walmart, I know fitting) in the corridor of entering Texas Avenue. Also would be nice if they actually washed the Welcome to College Station signs every few months.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.