Outdoor Built-in Grill Install

1,672 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agsport
agsport
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just bought a new outdoor built-in grill and the size of the new grill is a little larger than the current grill. So I believe I will need to cut 1/2" more depth and 1/4" more in height to have it sit correctly according to the cutout specs.

Does anyone know who in College Station could do this type of thing? It has been a struggle trying to find someone that could or is willing to take this project on.
JP76
agsport said:

I just bought a new outdoor built-in grill and the size of the new grill is a little larger than the current grill. So I believe I will need to cut 1/2" more depth and 1/4" more in height to have it sit correctly according to the cutout specs.

Does anyone know who in College Station could do this type of thing? It has been a struggle trying to find someone that could or is willing to take this project on.

What type of material are you needing to cut out ?
agsport
AG
JP76 said:

agsport said:

What type of material are you needing to cut out ?
Granite on top for the depth and stone underneath for the height.
TexAg1987
Have you test fit it to see if there is any wiggle room?
agsport
AG
TexAg1987 said:

Have you test fit it to see if there is any wiggle room?
I haven't only because I didn't want to mess with the gas lines and when checking, everything was screwed on dang tight. I didn't want to strip any threads.

But just looking at it, I am 99% sure that the depth will need to be shaved some as the current grill seems to be sitting on the stone in the middle. The current cut in the stone isn't the prettiest or straightest, so it appears that it has the wiggle room on both sides. It is probably the middle 18" that needs to be shaved down a bit.
EliteElectric
Steve Herndon at Granite Earth

979-224-4855

Tell him Elite Electric sent you
agsport
AG
EliteElectric said:

Steve Herndon at Granite Earth

979-224-4855

Tell him Elite Electric sent you

Great. Thank you! I will try to reach out to Steve today.
EliteElectric
He did this for us, outdoor kitchen and bathroom

dubi
AG
Your outdoor bath is prettier than my indoor bath.
EliteElectric
dubi said:

And it has a kids size urinal so all those littles can get out of the pool and take ten steps to go in it instead of in our pool
TexAg1987
EliteElectric said:

dubi said:

And it has a kids size urinal so all those littles can get out of the pool and take ten steps to go in it instead of in our pool

... in theory.
EliteElectric
TexAg1987 said:

EliteElectric said:

dubi said:

... in theory.

Lol
agsport
AG
That looks amazing! I got in touch with Steve today and it sounds like he can do it. Thank you for the recommendation!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.