Pool Builder

4,728 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
4xAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendation for local pool builder.

I had decided to go with Pool Guy but after other thread where so many shared their dissatisfaction with his pool service I am reconsidering. TIA for sharing your thoughts.
TAMC11
AG
Interested on others opinions as well. We're meeting with Premier, Sunshine, and Brannons this week.
75AG
AG
Sunshine built ours 4 years ago. As of today, it still holds water and the equipment works. That said, the tile coping has chipped and broken in places. And the decking has surface cracks and has "risen" about 1/2 inch above the concrete patio. There is no rebar connecting the patio and the pool decking which has allowed this movement. Cosmetic issues shouldn't be this problematic in just 4 years.
Jetty
AG
Mobley! More expensive but he does high quality work and uses the best of everything. He built our pool 7 years ago and did a great job! Would use him again...
RGRAg1/75
AG
Not sure what people's issues are/were with Pool Guy, but we've had a very positive experience with them.

The build process could not have been better. The service, which is totally separate from the design/build mind you, has its ups and downs. I got to know our pool servicer and let him know when I think he could be more thorough, and it worked.

I recommend The Pool Guy. Sean is a good Aggie.
jskin261
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3042093

Goose83
AG
Mobley did ours and it's still going strong.

He's known for overbuilding his pools, which, in our soil conditions, is an absolute must.
4xAgs
AG
Thanks - I should have searched prior to posting.
techno-ag
AG
In my opinion, pools are something you should not skimp on. Mobley has been around forever and understands our unique soil issues better than most.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
JR Ewing
AG
As a follow up to my thread, I have been on the waiting list for Mobley for 7 months. We finally break ground on May 1st. Another great company that I found was Polar Bear Pools and Patios. If you're not looking to wait that long for Mobley, then your alternatives locally for quality builds from my multiple years of research would include:

1.) Mobley (more expensive, but worth it)
2a.) The Pool Guy (he builds a solid pool)...I wouldn't confuse the pool maintenance services with the build.
2b.) Polar Bear Pools and Patios
3a.) Pools by Brandon (I have heard great things)
3b.) Sunshine Fun (they build a lot of pools, and I have heard they're under new ownership and are doing great things now)

Obviously do your own research, but that's mine in a nutshell!
dr_boogs
AG
We just finished a pool here in B/CS with the Pool Guy. Live in south CS. PM me happy to talk offline. You're welcome to come by and take a look at our pool, we can talk more about the experience. We built in 2010 and started this project last year. We are just now getting finished because of the slowdown with COVID.

I was shocked by the thread about how poor their service group performs, because it has been an exceptional experience working with Sean and his team on the pool. We did a big patio/sitting area/step expansion that goes down to the pool (we have some grade to deal with) and so our homebuilder handled that and Sean handled the pool build.

He was right on budget (one of the few subs to stay on budget), open and transparent, available to talk by phone or email the same day, and gave really good advice. As with all projects a few bumps came up and he and our builder worked through them no problem. I'd give them 5+ stars on their design and build. He has a group come up from Houston to do the Pebble-Tec type plaster finishes. I visited a bunch of pools as we tried to settle on a finish and I've never seen anything that matches the quality of the finish that the Houston crew did for us.

We also looked at Mobley but his lag time was way out there last year and that was before COVID and the explosion of home renovation project. He would do a great job for you too.
4xAgs
AG
Thanks. PM sent
EliteElectric
Our salwater pool was built by Sunshine in 2007 no issues. Last year we had pools by Brannon do a minor renovation to it replastering and adding some mosiacs. Would recommend both.
SunshineFunPools
75AG said:

Sunshine built ours 4 years ago. As of today, it still holds water and the equipment works. That said, the tile coping has chipped and broken in places. And the decking has surface cracks and has "risen" about 1/2 inch above the concrete patio. There is no rebar connecting the patio and the pool decking which has allowed this movement. Cosmetic issues shouldn't be this problematic in just 4 years.
Howdy 75Ag. We'd be happy to visit with you about your patio and pool decking. If you could give us a call at 979-690-3343 we'd be happy to schedule a time to meet up and see how we can remedy your situation. The customer experience and your long term satisfaction is very important to us. We look forward to the opportunity to see how we can help.
rptsAg03
Satisfied Mobley customer here! I've posted in previous threads on this, but he's worth it. No complaints.
75AG
AG
Outstanding! Thanks!
Outlaw0206
AG
Mobley is good, slightly more expensive, and currently have a waitlist until fall, maybe late fall at this point.

Sunshine seems to be good as well with quotes on par with what the other pool companies are offering.

There is a place called Island Life Custom Pools out of Tomball that came to CS and did my parents pool. Finished in 6 weeks. Parents were pleased with the product and entire process.
Post removed:
by user
4xAgs
AG
Thanks all for the feedback.
Gearman2112
Built a pool like 10 years ago and none of the local options worked for me. Actually used a pool company out of Houston and save a ton of money and time. I know a lot has changed since then but something to consider. All of the rebar, gunite and plaster all come from Houston. Since I built mine the company got really busy in the woodlands so they don't come up here anymore but others might consider it. Also for the record we saved about 35% from even the most basic pool offered here and we got pebbletec and a lot of rock features compared to being quoted white plaster and a few Little Rock's.
JR Ewing
AG
Bump with picture...Mobley's team finished the gunite yesterday!
maddiedou
AG
Gearman2112 said:

Built a pool like 10 years ago and none of the local options worked for me. Actually used a pool company out of Houston and save a ton of money and time. I know a lot has changed since then but something to consider. All of the rebar, gunite and plaster all come from Houston. Since I built mine the company got really busy in the woodlands so they don't come up here anymore but others might consider it. Also for the record we saved about 35% from even the most basic pool offered here and we got pebbletec and a lot of rock features compared to being quoted white plaster and a few Little Rock's.

And that pool company is
maddiedou
aggiepaintrain
AG
JR Ewing said:

No wonder he hasn't started on mine

Looks great !
JR Ewing
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

JR Ewing said:

No wonder he hasn't started on mine

Looks great !

Thanks...been on the waiting list since last June-ish, but totally worth the wait. The crews he uses are lights out amazing!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Mobleys website isn't loading for me

Sure like to see some water feature and grotto integrated large hot tub ideas
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Mobleys website isn't loading for me

Sure like to see some water feature and grotto integrated large hot tub ideas

4 Months later, and its still not loading for me.

I'm also looking to build a pool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.