Pool Service Recommendation

7,748 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by harrierdoc
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Clear choice is the best I have used them for 3 years they use pro team supreme plus.
tbone94
AG
do you still have the same opinion of them today? We are looking for a new company.
4xAgs
AG
I will throw in a recommendation for Clear Choice. I had used one of the bigger names mentioned in this thread for over a year and like others experienced repeated issues.

Switched to Clear Choice about 3-months ago and couldn't be happier. Pool looks amazing, I receive an email after they leave with photos and pool chemistry results, and they few times I have had questions they have been very responsive.
jphil1
AG
MrsGDub04 said:

Zach Lowey at Kahuna Pool Co. is great. They are a small company, Zach use to work for the pool guy. He has lots of pool knowledge, and is great to work with.

9793933166 or email his wife to schedule at carisse@kahunapools.com
I use Zach as well. I have nothing but good things to say about Kahuna pools.
AG'73
MS08
AG
Zach Lowy with Kahuna Pools cleans the community pool that we put in. A lot more work than a home residential pool and he does a great job with it. Also very responsive. +1 for him and his outfit. I enlisted his services in Fall of '21 after releasing the initial installer from service duties.
AggieRxDealer
AG
Another vote for Clear Choice Pools. We made the switch to them a year ago. The communication is top notch and the pool looks great.
Roxie146
I also dropped Pool Guy - because I watched on my Ring how the pool person left my gate open the entire time he was servicing my pool, allowed my dog to get out. Because he had his ear buds on and was oblivious to his environment, my dog walked right by him out the gate. When he left he carefully closed the gate and put the lock back on. Oblivious.

My dog was found by my neighbor who called me - thank heavens for good neighbors.

I now use
www.waterprojectpoolandspaservices.com

and they know that they will be gone the first time my dog gets out.

But they are very very careful and for me the important thing is that the same person has serviced my pool for 2 years. It was a revolving door with the Pool Guy.

My pool pump died the day before the icing temperatures occurred - Water Projects was able to get it fixed and running before the temps dived down to the teens.
aggiepaintrain
AG
doing your own is SO easy
Fleen
May I ask some ballpark numbers? What do you pay monthly? Just have a basic 16k gallon pool with hot tub...
75AG
AG
Seems like pricing collusion. Everyone's about $150 a month, plus chemicals.
tbone94
AG
Roxie146 said:

I also dropped Pool Guy - because I watched on my Ring how the pool person left my gate open the entire time he was servicing my pool, allowed my dog to get out. Because he had his ear buds on and was oblivious to his environment, my dog walked right by him out the gate. When he left he carefully closed the gate and put the lock back on. Oblivious.

My dog was found by my neighbor who called me - thank heavens for good neighbors.

I now use
www.waterprojectpoolandspaservices.com

and they know that they will be gone the first time my dog gets out.

But they are very very careful and for me the important thing is that the same person has serviced my pool for 2 years. It was a revolving door with the Pool Guy.

My pool pump died the day before the icing temperatures occurred - Water Projects was able to get it fixed and running before the temps dived down to the teens.

Good luck
Independence H-D
I think we had the same guy.
JMac03
AG
We use Water Project. Very happy with them. Fired another company about a year ago or so.
EliteElectric
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3041957

75AG
AG
EliteElectric said:

a lot has changed in 3 years
EliteElectric
75AG said:

EliteElectric said:

a lot has changed in 3 years
if I had the time and motivation I would open a pool cleaning company just to prove it can be done properly. We have fired so many over the years, it's amazing how poor they perform as an industry.
75AG
AG
You'd make a million if your cleaning service is as good as your electric bidness
EliteElectric
75AG said:

You'd make a million if your cleaning service is as good as your electric bidness
ah you're gonna make me blush
aggies4life
AG
100%.

Get a good pool suction cleaner. We Have a Zodiac barracuda G3 that does majority of the work - barely have hand brush the pool with this one since it actually is agitating the surface as it cleans. Parts are cheap to replace unlike the ones with motors etc that seemed to always break / in repair.

Keep your pool chemicals in-line….take a sample to the pool guy or similar and they will tell you what you need to adjust your water or buy the home test.

Clean the main pool filters a few times a year.

Easy way to Save the $240 or whatever they charge a month….
ncttc
Im looking for the same thing! Thanks for the post
harrierdoc
AG
I submitted request to have Zach at Kahuna pools to contact me, then also texted him (number provided above). No response over the last several days. I'll try emailing his wife as well today. He may not be interested in adding customers right now I guess.

addendum:
Zach called me today. best way to reach him is via his wife's email apparently. they are taking on new customers.

Clear Choice, however, is not, but will put you on a wait list if you are interested.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.