Local owned coffee shops [Title change]

8,600 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BCS-Ag
Three Twenties and A Ten
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carport Coffee is pretty solid as well!

They did some great work restoring the old Sinclair Station as well, versus tearing it down!
Costa and Andreas
Free what's the buzz at Burger Mojo every morning with a breakfast entree purchase! Just sayin....
KidDoc
AG
Don't forget Game Day Coffee trailer is @ Fitch HEB daily.

I know Last Shot uses Polite beans as does my wife's trailer The Coffee Lab.

And if you can make lattes and espresso at home like they do in these shops you spent a LOT more on a coffee machine than I did!

I 100% agree with OP-- support our local owners!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tfunk02
AG
I love my own coffee #1 and local #2.

Good follow: https://www.instagram.com/tamucoffee/

Went to my first Starbucks in years recently. Got a $3 iced tea and said I wouldn't be back for another 3 to 5 years when someone forces me. Their coffee is bad and expensive. I don't get it.

I did notice that the men's and women's bathrooms were now "any gender". That was about the only thing that changed since my last visit.
Psychag
AG
Navasota has Classic Rock Coffee. Good coffee and food. Excellent atmosphere. Just 20 min away from South CS.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Free what's the buzz at Burger Mojo every morning with a breakfast entree purchase! Just sayin....

You'd be hard pressed to find a more loyal customer than me. 1-2 times a week I'm in there either for lunch or the breakfast tacos. BUT.....I'm personally just not a fan of WTB coffee. It might just be my own warped taste buds but I get a weird after taste with their coffee. Its not bad, its just unwelcome.
Eliminatus
AG
Wasn't there an Aggie roaster here on TA a few years ago? Don't think they ever had a storefront but you could order beans from their website and for the life of me, can't remember the name.
Brian DeSpain
jeffk said:

bobinator said:

bee_mechanic said:

Sweet Eugene's if in CS, Babe's if in Bryan
Babe's Doughnuts is Polite Coffee
I think Burger Mojo uses What's the Buzz Coffee

I like local business synergy

Blue Baker is What's the Buzz too, iirc.
. Good to know. Love The coffee at Blue Baker.
bobinator
AG
There's one on the food and drink board, I think he's based out of Houston.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I am hitting up Floyd Raven Sr.'s place once a week to support.
woodiewood1
FlyRod said:

No love for Minuti on University?
It's going to be a tough row to hoe without a drive-through. I wish them the best.
Eliminatus
AG
bobinator said:

There's one on the food and drink board, I think he's based out of Houston.
Was in the act of murdering a Whataburger #2 with extra pickles when the name came out of nowhere, as it is wont to do.

99% sure it was Dodd Coffee and sure 'nuff, found the website. Will be ordering soon and give them a try.

https://www.doddcoffee.com/
Ajollyag
Eliminatus said:

Wasn't there an Aggie roaster here on TA a few years ago? Don't think they ever had a storefront but you could order beans from their website and for the life of me, can't remember the name.

I went and tried out the coffee shop at the Kyle House today. The guy started in aggieland and roasts their own beans. Uses "Polite coffee". If you buy a bag of beans they will throw in a free coffee(any kind)

I believe Last Shot Expresso uses Polite coffee beans
woodiewood1
I have been grinding fresh coffee beans for about 45 years and currently buy Independence Coffee Company beans which are very good. You just can't beat fresh ground beans to make morning coffee.
EvenPar
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

no, what I was pointing out the 'hate' on Starbucks vs. 'local coffee shops'. To each their own - go where you want to, but hating on the 'national' chains vs. the local guy is pointless to me. The Baristas at Starbucks live here & contribute to the economy just as much as the local 'home owned' ones do.

When is the last time Starbucks or a similar mega chain sponsored a local little league team, made a donation to support a local nonprofit, attended a local benefit for a child in need, supported local education, or gave the shirt off their back to help a local neighbor? A public company distributes the majority of its profit out of town and to shareholders, and generally not to the local community. Generally, locally owned businesses give more back to the community that supports their business. There are always exceptions, but that's why I believe it's important to support local ownership as well.
OldArmy12
AG
OP, I'm coming in town for a business trip tomorrow and will be coming to visit your shop! I started a company last year with the sole purpose of getting this message out!
Anti-taxxer
AG
My sister owns The Coffee Lab, which is a coffee truck. She's in different spots around B/CS each day!
rsa
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

My sister owns The Coffee Lab, which is a coffee truck. She's in different spots around B/CS each day!
Does she have a Facebook or other social media account with updates on where she'll be each day?
KidDoc
AG
rsa said:

Anti-taxxer said:

Does she have a Facebook or other social media account with updates on where she'll be each day?
The Coffee Lab (thecoffeelabtx.com)

I'm the husband -- I don't work with the Coffee lab just an investor haha.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Anti-taxxer
AG
KidDoc said:

rsa said:

Anti-taxxer said:

The Coffee Lab (thecoffeelabtx.com)

I'm the husband -- I don't work with the Coffee lab just an investor haha.

Tell her she owes you an advertising fee!
BCS-Ag
I had my first coffee at What's the Buzz thismorning after moving a meeting from Sweet Eugenes (which was PACKED), though I've had it many times elsewhere & like it. It's a cool, convenient location, but wish they had more comfortable seating (metal stools & long tables in an echoey room(. Pretty neat they roast their own beans right there, though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.