High Speed Internet Providers Creek Meadows Estates

1,182 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by techno-ag
PoliSciAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! Does anyone know of a high speed internet provider for the Creek Meadows Estates area other than Suddenlink? Suddenlink is fast, but their prices keep going up!
AggiePhil
AG
Nope
Donny Hall
starlink should be here mid 2021 and reliable by late 2022 for $99/month with serious upfront equipment costs - i think $500 - but that should go down.

I hope it will disrupt the monopoly and drive prices down
LOYAL AG
AG
Donny Hall said:

starlink should be here mid 2021 and reliable by late 2022 for $99/month with serious upfront equipment costs - i think $500 - but that should go down.

What are their initial speeds and latency going to look like?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
CS78
Depending on where you are in the hood and how high your roof is, you might be able to get Brazos wifi.
EBrazosAg
AG
I have heard 100mbps. With "low latency ". Whatever that means. Obviously the Low Earth Orbit will make it better than the Geosynchronous options but I still bet it's not as good as descent terrestrial fixed wireless. I'll be happy to pay Jim at Brazos WiFi and talk to a human when I have issues......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NateDog
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Donny Hall said:

Older article, but gave me a chuckle:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/27/spacex-starlink-service-priced-at-99-a-month-public-beta-test-begins.html

Quote:

"Expect to see data speeds vary from 50Mb/s to 150Mb/s and latency from 20ms to 40ms over the next several months as we enhance the Starlink system. There will also be brief periods of no connectivity at all."

Ah yes, the coveted "Suddenlink Standard" of broadband service.
LOYAL AG
AG
NateDog said:

LOYAL AG said:

Donny Hall said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/27/spacex-starlink-service-priced-at-99-a-month-public-beta-test-begins.html

Quote:

"Expect to see data speeds vary from 50Mb/s to 150Mb/s and latency from 20ms to 40ms over the next several months as we enhance the Starlink system. There will also be brief periods of no connectivity at all."

LOL. The Suddenlink hate is real around here!

Those numbers are actually pretty much in line with what we see from CEO's WISP service. Complete with the "no connectivity at all" promise unfortunately.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
tfunk02
AG
Starlink will be up to 300Mbps down by the end of the year. Some are already seeing it. They also plan to bring the latency under 20ms.

Here's a live look at the satellites.https://satellitemap.space/#If you see periods where there isn't a ring covering your area, that is when you would most likely experience no service. As things progress and more launches happen, that will go away and they will work their way up to gigabit speeds.
techno-ag
AG
NateDog said:

LOYAL AG said:

Donny Hall said:

Quote:

To be fair, they're still in beta. At least they're up front about expectations.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.