Batting cages in B/CS?

1,937 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by meteorag06
dr_boogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spring ball is about to start and just found out that Fieldhouse Sports down in Wellborn/Millican closed permanently.

I've made some calls and searched the web but can't seem to find any other batting cages here in B/CS. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Chris98
AG
From a "public" standpoint, CSLL may be your only option. There is a place, on Peach Creek, called The Lab, but I think it is a membership type facility.
dr_boogs
AG
Ok thanks - we are active with CSL., I'll check out the Lab - hadn't heard of it before.
TXCityGirl
Outdoors - Little League fields at Bachmann Park

Indoor hitting and lessons - high tech stuff
https://thelabbcs.com/
TaterTot_09
The Lab is pretty high tech $$$$$$ and cool but if you're just wanting to get in regular reps without taking a 2nd mortgage on your home you might be better off finding a used or new pitching machine. We ended finding a good deal on a softball pitching machine on Facebook marketplace. I'd go with a Jug machine because you can still order parts for their machines if something breaks.
meteorag06
AG
Jugs lite flute is amazing. Highly recommend. Should be able to find a used one for $250.

Throws "soft balls", and doesn't require a huge net/cage. Don't need a screen either so saves money there. Just a backstop.

Throws curves/sliders from R&L. Also does softballs.
ChampsAg
I think that you can use The Lab cages when lessons aren't going on but that be an issue right now

There is a place on hwy 30 close to Malek that has cages. Not sure who runs it though.
dr_boogs
AG
I checked out the jugs machine. Looks like something I might be interested in. I don't have room in our yard for a big cage though. Can you give some advice on how you'd set this up w a smaller cage or screen for the hitter? Do you not need a full size cage bc the jug balls are not real baseballs? Never seen one of these so looking for some practical advice on setup.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Are the cages at Bachman open without permission or reservation?
meteorag06
AG
dr_boogs said:

I checked out the jugs machine. Looks like something I might be interested in. I don't have room in our yard for a big cage though. Can you give some advice on how you'd set this up w a smaller cage or screen for the hitter? Do you not need a full size cage bc the jug balls are not real baseballs? Never seen one of these so looking for some practical advice on setup.
You don't need a large cage for this machine. But you will need some netting and poles. 10'x 20-30' i Bet would do it. Another option would be if you have a small generator, take it to a local field. You'd need some people to shag balls though because they can go a decent distance if you get ahold of one.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.