Looking for a Local Party Room

2,733 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by KenJohse
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to have a friends-from-college get-together sometime in the late summer or early fall and I'm looking for a local party room to rent for the occasion. I've though about Wings N More but would like something a little more upscale (and a full bar wouldn't hurt). Wish Ninfa's was still around, but I can't think of any others. Anyone have recommendations?
gus1390
AG
Amico Nave
halibut sinclair
Caffe Capri
piano bar at Christopher's
Quarry Bar at Phillips Event Center
Downtown Uncorked - - check with Melba about your timeline. She might be fully back open by then.

Ninfa's was upscale to you?
nought
AG
Paolo's (2 private rooms of different sizes, full bar)
Urban Table (might be able to reserve the whole upstairs or at least a room)
Casa do Brasil (rooms can be closed off)
The Ice House downtown Bryan
Upstairs at the Stafford (not sure if you can rent it out, but wouldn't hurt to ask)
Porters (private dining room available -- not sure how many people you have in mind)
Recently went to Another Broken Egg and they have an area that can be closed off and a bar too
Donny Hall
halibut sinclair said:

Caffe Capri
Downtown Uncorked - - check with Melba about your timeline. She might be fully back open by then.

Kristy Petty has taken over uncorked FYI dont know if that's public knowledge yet

you could also talk to ben at parkers crossing - they have a bar and you cater the food
Bunk Moreland
Quarry Bar at Phillips Event Center is a good idea. They also have a room downstairs right next to it that has golf simulators and a private bar if you hire a bartender...that can add some fun.

The art gallery Knox Train Depot station has rooms too though I think the bar is beer/wine only?
halibut sinclair
Donny Hall said:

Kristy Petty has taken over uncorked FYI dont know if that's public knowledge yet

As owner, or just running the place?
RJ3
AG
The A&M hotel has a really cool private room for rent above the bar.

We had our company Christmas party there a few years back and everyone loved it.
bugle rank '87
AG
The back room at 1860 Italia.
We’ve never lost a halftime...
ratfacemcdougal
Coopers BBQ?
TXCityGirl
Rooms with doors:
Coopers BBQ
Urban Table
1860 Italia
meezermom
You guys are super helpful! Urban Table and 1860 Italia are both awesome, but as a lot of people are staying at Embassy Suites, I'm thinking somewhere over near Texas/University so it's at least somewhere close is probably best logistically. Thanks for the ideas - I've got some calls to make!
nought
AG
Paolo's is right by where you are talking. People have mixed things to say about it in terms of dining there, but they really do a pretty good job with private events and have two differently-sized rooms that could be cool for a group.
Rex Racer
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quarry Bar at Phillips Event Center is a good idea. They also have a room downstairs right next to it that has golf simulators and a private bar if you hire a bartender...that can add some fun.

The art gallery Knox Train Depot station has rooms too though I think the bar is beer/wine only?
I second the Quarry Bar. I went to a private party there, and it was very nice, and the golf simulators added some fun.
UmustBKidding
Not sure when you were at phillips, but someone told me their sisters wedding event that is still 4 months out was canceled due to freeze damage. They told them it could take a year to restore. So it may not be an option
AggiePhil
AG
Wings!
momlaw
AG
Paolo's has done 10 or 12 private events for me in the bar over the last 3 years.
We've worked happy hour pricing, appetizers provided or ordered, meals, various scenarios.
Email Amethyst. She successfully aims to please. I am not all that easy.
momlaw
EclipseAg
AG
I've had a couple of successful private events at Ozona Grill.
ChampsAg
I hear Phillips Event Center had extensive water damage and is closed for the foreseeable future
Wineewoman
Actually Kristie hasn't taken over Uncorked. Lol! Uncorked lost its lease when the building sold. Thankfully, Uncorked has found another lease in the CapRock area in south College Station. CapRock area is Brazilian steakhouse, Mad Taco, RX Pizza and now Uncorked!! Hope to see all my old customers there!!
Wineewoman
Howdy! Uncorked is still owned and managed by Melba Tucker (me, lol), nobody has taken Uncorked over! I lost my lease when the building was bought. BUT I signed a new lease in the CapRock area in south College Station! Since it's a new build, it won't be ready until the end of the summer so we will have to go into hibernation for a couple of months. But will come back even stronger!! Hope to see all my old customers there!
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Donny Hall said:

halibut sinclair said:

Caffe Capri

you could also talk to ben at parkers crossing - they have a bar and you cater the food
Staff spreading fake news. How does one even ban staff?
halibut sinclair
Wineewoman said:

Actually Kristie hasn't taken over Uncorked. Lol! Uncorked lost its lease when the building sold. Thankfully, Uncorked has found another lease in the CapRock area in south College Station. CapRock area is Brazilian steakhouse, Mad Taco, RX Pizza and now Uncorked!! Hope to see all my old customers there!!
Thanks for the clarification. That's gonna be too far south for us to venture down that way very often. Guess we will check out the new place downtown when it's open. Best of luck to you, though!
momlaw
AG
We have done many events at Paolo's.
Some used bar, wine room, and private dining.
Others parts of those.
All enjoyed excellent hospitality, pricing, food.

Amethyst, General Manager, is a dream and makes things run smoothly.
momlaw
wasntme
Grand Station
KenJohse
AG
You mentioned that some folks will be staying at the Embassy Suites. If a couple do not want to stay in a hotel my wife and I have a fully furnished two bedroom two bath apartment for short term rental. Great alternative to a hotel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.