Tankless water heater repair

1,438 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MeKnowNot
BwdAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommended places to use for repair or replace of a noritz system. Mine is a victim of the freeze.

I have calls in to two companies but not getting any eta on getting to the house.

TIA.
EBrazosAg
AG
Cascade Plumbing has worked on my Rinnai units before and been on the spot with them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
legalbird
Tankless heaters are sold out right now and no ETA.
legalbird
If we ever get a mega freeze, I am running an old school 65 watt light bulb inside the tankless cabinet. That will keep things warm.

If you can see your serial number on the unit, let the manufacture know. It might be covered under warranty. Supposedly they have freeze protection on these units.. Obviously, it failed. Also, I will never again have an outside unit. It is truly stupid. I would have an indoor unit that is vented.
JP76
Currently Multi month backorders on units is what I am told

EBrazosAg
AG
While I agree with your general thought, I've had Rinnai x 2 hanging on outside wall (not recessed) since 2003. Working fine and never froze this time. You just have to care for it right. I run a stream - not drip - small enough to avoid tripping the heater constantly at 25 or below. But a interior space instant with good drains would be better for sure.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
legalbird
And many HVAC, plumbing, appliance, etc companies, in general, would rather sell a new unit rather than test and troubleshoot to replace a single part.
MeKnowNot
EBrazosAg said:

Cascade Plumbing has worked on my Rinnai units before and been on the spot with them.
This!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.