How Much Does Your Suddenlink Internet Cost?

9,440 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
redball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

I'm curious how much other folks are paying for internet. This is not a bash Suddenlink thread, although I suspect some of you may not be able to help yourselves. I'm just curious if I'm paying about the right amount or is it time to call and get a better deal. How much are y'all paying for what kind of plans?

I pay about $100/mo for internet only after fees and taxes. It's the 100 mbps variety with an allowance of 350 GB/mo. In fairness to Suddenlink, I've never had a problem with their service, technical or customer.

Thanks
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
You're getting taken for a ride. I likely am too but right now I pay about $65/month for 400 mbps and no data cap
JP76
I pay ~$140 for 100mb, no cap, with altice boxes to 5 tvs including dvr
bobinator
AG
I have the highest internet plan, no data cap, I'm paying $120.
Rearview
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

You're getting taken for a ride. I likely am too but right now I pay about $65/month for 400 mbps and no data cap

Similar here.
histag10
AG
$0. I live in the county and have much better options than throwing money away on suddenlink
megaman64
AG
43.79 after taxes and fees for 400mb no data cap.

Edit: internet only.
02skiag
AG
$103 for 400Mb, no cap. It started around $65 and kept getting raised.
Eliminatus
AG
megaman64 said:

Introductory price?I have the exact same service and am literally paying double what you are. And I am still not paying what some others are.

I despise this business model that cable companies have managed to pull off as the norm.
MisterShipWreck
$69.98 per month with taxes, 250 GB cap. 100mbps speed
halibut sinclair
Too much.
BrandoC
AG
$170 for basic cable and basic internet. Trash company.
quantumleap

Internet only, 1 gig service (which generally provides ~800Mbps up & ~50Mbps down, with no data caps), and renting their combo modem/router, it is about $90/month with the equipment fees and taxes included.

Note, this was a new customer "price for life" rate, and while there have been no increases in the ~12 months we've had the service, it is my understanding that they can get around that supposedly unchangeable price by upping the price of equipment rental and/or taxes and fees...so we'll see how long we can go without a price change!

Also, I'm aware that most advocate for purchasing one's own cable modem/wireless router equipment, versus forever paying the monthly rental, but after reading about SL support liking to initially blame issues on consumer owned equipment, and/or imposing $60 service call fees if onsite techs say the issue was not SL's, I figured it was easier in the long run to have any potential equipment issues be theirs alone.
AggiePhil
AG
$154/month for gigabit internet and "landline" telephone. I use my own modems and routers.
AgsWin2011
AG
About $85-90 a month for 400gb unlimited. I have my own equipment. It was around $65 the first 12 months. I've honestly never had an issue with the service. I know they get a bad rap around here, probably because they're the only swinging d!ck in town. I wish it was about $20 a month cheaper, but other than that, no complaints here.
Justin2010
AG
Tmobile is offering unlimited home internet in our area now. $50/month. It felt so good to cancel suddenlink... Even if it did take an hour and a half (no exaggeration).
megaman64
AG
I'm on year 2 of it, got in on the price for life deal around August/September of 2019. It did go up to like $57ish at the one year mark before they changed it back and gave me a credit for the difference the one month it was over. I have no doubt it will end at some point for some shady reason.
redball
Thanks all for the responses. Being a longtime customer, I missed out on the recent trend of "discounted price for life" deals. It's rather counterintuitive, isn't it? You'd think they'd want to reward loyalty. Perhaps next week I'll call and haggle a bit.
Desert Power
AG
I'm on gigabit internet "price for life" and pay ~$74. I bought my own equipment and haven't had a single issue with suddenlink ever crapping out on me.
sjislepilot
AG
I have the fastest speed and no data cap. My 1 year promotion that came out of nowhere ended this past month jumped my bull from $95/month to $115/month. Before that there was another promotion and before that another... as some folks have said no reward for loyalty. Jokes on them though... we will be moving in a couple of months! Goodbye suddenstink!

That all being said we don't pay for TV, we stream everything.
jrhmc
AG
redball said:

Thanks all for the responses. Being a longtime customer, I missed out on the recent trend of "discounted price for life" deals. It's rather counterintuitive, isn't it? You'd think they'd want to reward loyalty. Perhaps next week I'll call and haggle a bit.
Tried that. Got the line of "We're working to provide our existing customers promotions in the future." We've been with Suddenlink since we moved here in 2005 and we pay $115 for 200mbps unlimited. The rep said that going up in speed at all would cost me more.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Just threaten to cancel. They'll give you a much better rate that will marginally increase every month until it's over priced again.

Rinse, repeat
TAMC11
AG
megaman64 said:

Me too. Had to cancel and sign up as my wife to get the "price for life".
jrhmc
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Just threaten to cancel. They'll give you a much better rate that will marginally increase every month until it's over priced again.

Rinse, repeat
Did that, too. They just said we're sorry about that.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
ONE-TWO-- said:

I'm on gigabit internet "price for life" and pay ~$74. I bought my own equipment and haven't had a single issue with suddenlink ever crapping out on me.
Got this when they brought the Gigabit to our neighborhood, about 2yrs ago. Bought my own equipment and have had zero issues. Usually get 800-900mbps download speeds and service rarely goes down. Don't use them for anything else. I think I'm one of the rare few who have never had an issue and the few times I've had to call into tech support, they've actually been pretty good. Weird, I know!
texasaggie04
AG
I THINK I'm at $88/month for 400 only-internet with no data cap. I say "I think" because my bill has two charges and four promotions and I can't tell how long any of this supposedly lasts.

I used asktrim.com and they supposedly negotiated my bill down to this from $100/month.
theNetSmith
AG
histag10 said:

$0. I live in the county and have much better options than throwing money away on suddenlink
Interesting. I live outside of town as well and my only option is CEO. They put up a tower here in the neighborhood and it's the only internet service that can reach our house. I recently had Brazos WiFi come out to do a site survey and they couldn't reach their closest towers from here due to elevation difference.

I pay $99.99/mo for 30/10 (I think with no cap, but I'm not positive).. but we never see 30.. that's more of a theoretical, burstable max.. we share bandwidth with all the other neighbors who are connecting to the same tower, kinda like the old days of cable internet service.

I also have a townhome in CS with Suddenlink service, kind of. I'm paying them $10/mo (+taxes/fees) just to keep that account on hold to avoid reconnect charges later. :-/
Jon Ponder 08
AG
89 a month for 1GB internet and home phone, no cap. I would pay the same for a 1/3 of the data with anyone else to sever ties and say goodbye forever to "the link".
Texasyankee
I just noticed that they also charge $50 bucks a month just for accessing local channels. WTF????

Hulu with live tv is looking better and better.
dave99ag
AG
I was paying $104 after taxes for 200Mb w/ no data cap. Been with them for over a decade with internet only.

I complained, like many others, about how new customers got 1 Gb for $70 for "life." They initially offered me 1Gb for $30 more per month. I said, "No."

Fast forward a few weeks and I tried again. This time they offered 1Gb for $20 more. I agreed and it looks like my bill will be $118. Can't tell if that's before or after taxes.

Sadly, even if another competitor came to town or the cities offered internet, there is no doubt in my mind Suddenlink will still be inept and never offer any competitive pricing or service.

farmersfight
AG
I just called and had to pull teeth to get cancelled all the way. They kept throwing deals at me...I was getting the loyal customer price increase year after year and have had enough.

I was at $108/mo for 200 MBPS with no cap. Such BS when new customers get double the speed at half the price.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I've hit a final straw with Suddenlink. Gonna call and cancel cable and try to negotiate a better internet deal, feel like I'm being robbed after reading this thread.

Anyone have a recommendation on YouTubeTV vs Hulu? I'm still a slave to live sports, only reason I've held on to cable this long.
farmersfight
AG
They did offer me 400MBPS for 75/mo. It's still cheaper as a new customer deal. They also said they could ge try bill down to $85 and add 2 free months...

I'm just so fed up with them, I told the manager nope about 6 times.
trouble
AG
Live sports is the reason we have YouTubeTV
nwspmp
Gigabit service, I own my own equipment, no other add ons, no cap. Been very reliable lately once I replaced my firewall.

After tax currently $99.18/month. No price-for-life and it's been fairly steady since I went with the Gigabit up from the 400Mbit which was around $75/month IIRC.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.