How Much Does Your Suddenlink Internet Cost?

9,454 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Right at $30 per month - I can't look in my account and see exactly what plan it is, but it's internet only and we use tons of it (son is on his gaming computer all afternoon/evening; I work online all; kids doing school online; lots of Netflix use). Internet is our only service. I used Trim and they were able to get me this deal - and they renegotiate every few months on my behalf so I don't have to haggle with Suckinglink.
theNetSmith
AG
meezermom said:

I used Trim and they were able to get me this deal - and they renegotiate every few months on my behalf
hadn't heard of them, but that's really cool
cz308
meezermom said:

I used Trim and they were able to get me this deal - and they renegotiate every few months on my behalf so I don't have to haggle with Suckinglink.
How does this trim thing work?
texasaggie04
AG
cz308 said:

meezermom said:

I used Trim and they were able to get me this deal - and they renegotiate every few months on my behalf so I don't have to haggle with Suckinglink.
How does this trim thing work?

Just go to the site and enter your suddenlink (or other bill) info. They call (I assume) and negotiate a cheaper price. Then they either take 30% of that discount as their cut, or you can sign up for a yearly service and just pay them $100 per year.
Eliminatus
AG
farmersfight said:

I just called and had to pull teeth to get cancelled all the way. They kept throwing deals at me...I was getting the loyal customer price increase year after year and have had enough.

I was at $108/mo for 200 MBPS with no cap. Such BS when new customers get double the speed at half the price.

Probably the only instance I have found to date where I would advocate lying, is to the cable company.

When you go to cancel just to tell them you are moving and no, it is not to a new Suddenlink area. It's ten minutes vs. 1hr+.
farmersfight
AG
It was more fulfilling to me, letting them know I was done with that ****hole of a company.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I was paying $57 in 2016. Now my bill is $128. I just opened a Trim account. Hopefully they can cut this trash suddenlink account down by a significant margin.

edit: last month it was $111 and for some reason jumped up to $128 this month.
cz308
johnnyblaze36 said:

I was paying $57 in 2016. Now my bill is $128. I just opened a Trim account. Hopefully they can cut this trash suddenlink account down by a significant margin.

Please update this regardless of what the outcome is. I'm still on the fence about this.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Justin2010 said:

Tmobile is offering unlimited home internet in our area now. $50/month. It felt so good to cancel suddenlink... Even if it did take an hour and a half (no exaggeration).

How have you liked T-Mobile internet? I just called and have a router coming my way. Looking forward to telling a Suddenlink rep after 3 hours on hold.

Even if it's slow, I like this as a bridge option to go get new customer pricing again in 2-3 months. My experience haggling is that even when you manage to squeeze out a good deal, it's still not new customer good.
johnnyblaze36
AG
cz308 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Please update this regardless of what the outcome is. I'm still on the fence about this.
Will do. I signed up for a 14 day trial and uploaded a copy of my Suddenlink bill for them to work on and scheduled an appointment with a rep on March 8th to see if they can negotiate the APR on my credit card. Would hope to know more about the Suddenlink bill well before that though.

If they are unable to do anything within 14 days I'll cancel. If they can I'll let them charge me $100 annually if the savings work out.
texasaggie04
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

cz308 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Will do. I signed up for a 14 day trial and uploaded a copy of my Suddenlink bill for them to work on and scheduled an appointment with a rep on March 8th to see if they can negotiate the APR on my credit card. Would hope to know more about the Suddenlink bill well before that though.

If they are unable to do anything within 14 days I'll cancel. If they can I'll let them charge me $100 annually if the savings work out.

I did the same but Suddenlink was the only thing I needed to negotiate (on family plans for cell phones and don't need to negotiate credit cards) so I canceled and switched to the non-subscription. For me, a 30% cut to Trim was going to be better than $100/year subscription.

For those interested, it's totally worth it. I'm only saving $10/month but it took almost zero effort on my end.
Tibbers
What if there was another way....

Competition is king...

The mayor who brings that in would be a legend for life...
Justin2010
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

Justin2010 said:

Tmobile is offering unlimited home internet in our area now. $50/month. It felt so good to cancel suddenlink... Even if it did take an hour and a half (no exaggeration).

How have you liked T-Mobile internet? I just called and have a router coming my way. Looking forward to telling a Suddenlink rep after 3 hours on hold.

Even if it's slow, I like this as a bridge option to go get new customer pricing again in 2-3 months. My experience haggling is that even when you manage to squeeze out a good deal, it's still not new customer good.

It's been good. I usually get 10-15 down, which I know isn't fast. But I'm single so I don't need a ton of bandwidth.

I'm also spiteful, and I hate suddenlink. It felt so good to cancel them.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I did receive a text today that Trim was able to lower my Suddenlink bill and that no action is required from me. Says they are confirming my savings with Suddenlink and will send me an email in a few days once finalized so I'll update accordingly.

Coincidentally my bill is due tomorrow and their payment system was down all day today when I tried paying it which is just perfect.
mhnatt
I tried calling Suddenlink to get them to come off the $142.48/month that they just jacked up from about $128/mo (I'm on the gigabit/"unlimited"). The guy said no discounts, even when I suggested that I will cancel. I'll try Trim
chrisag09
AG
Literally just had the exact same conversation. I had been paying $124.99/month for 1 Gbps, which was part of a "promo discount" for 1 year. Now that the full calendar year has elapsed, my bill just went up $20. Spoke with a Billing rep today and asked to drop down to 400 Mbps and was floored when he told me it would only reduce my bill down $20, taking me back to the same amount that I paid for 1 Gig speed a month ago.

I told the rep I was highly considering cancelling, yet he declined my request to speak with the Retention Department. However he did tell me if I call back on a few days before my billing cycle ends on April 2nd and zero out my balance (even though I'm on auto-pay), that I would fit the criteria to be able to speak with Retention on negotiating a better deal. Still a load of BS, but sounds like this is the only course of action. Hope this info helps others.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Received a text from Trim today "Congratulations! Your negotiator, Roma, just saved you $180 on your Suddenlink bill. Here's the breakdown of your savings: Promotion Applied - $15 off for 12 months ($180)."

So my total savings is $80 which isn't that significant but hopefully if more people do this it will cut into trash Suddenlink's revenue.

Then they go on to say they'll keep monitoring Suddenlink and negotiate if they can save me more money.

I know that nobody cares about the APR on my credit card but I should have an update on that on the 9th. If they can lower that I'll be very pleased with this company.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Just hooked up my T-Mobile gateway.

First impressions:

Speed is good, I've currently got it in a closet in the middle of my house but it still finds the n41 band and delivers 20-30 mbps. At first it was on the n71 band and that sucked (4-5 mpbs), but if it can stay on n41 speed shouldn't be a problem for most things.

My main complaint is the crappy software of the device. No bridge mode and hardly any advanced settings so trying to use this device to replace a modem in an already good network is not ideal. This device is for the user that was already renting a combo modem/router and just wants something plug and play. I ended up turning off the wifi broadcast and dhcp on my real router and connecting it via LAN, but I'm not sure if that will work for everything I might do on my network yet.

TLDR device is a souped up hotspot with a walled garden for router settings.
happyinBCS
how long do you have a stop service before you can get the new customer rate this company totally sucks I can get more channels and internet speed for 50 bucks a month and they are charging me 150 a month
Bunk Moreland
Internet only; 1 gig speed/no cap. $79.04 after all taxes and fees*

*I did purchase my own modem/router combo which has helped the consistency of the service and also removes the monthly 'rental' they're so nice about charging you for.
aggiepaintrain
AG
1gig $86 after tax
bought my own modem

I hate SL..
MisterShipWreck
happyinBCS said:

how long do you have a stop service before you can get the new customer rate this company totally sucks I can get more channels and internet speed for 50 bucks a month and they are charging me 150 a month
I asked this last year - I was told that if you cancel, after 30 days, you qualify as a new customer... So, on the 31st day.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.