Re -stocking food stores

3,680 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Counterpoint
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are best guesses when the supermarkets will have food in them again?
halibut sinclair
2 weeks
lawless89
Are they mostly empty? The wife wants us to head to the grocery store shortly, but I was curious as to how bad the crowds are and the inventory situation.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I think that stock will be slowly trickling back onto shelves today and tomorrow. My guess is that, by the time everyone gets off work on Monday evening, the shelves will look fairly normal with at least all the essentials. By Wednesday this will be a memory.

I was at the CS Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon and they had 2% milk and eggs and they were restocking some bread, so trucks are coming in....
dr_boogs
AG
We went on Wednesday. Kroger on longmire south CS. Produce bread milk and eggs were gone. Some canned goods, ramen, ground meat also gone. Still has a lot of canned goods, cereal, paper products. Interested to see what today's shoppers find. I bet it's pretty bleak. We are in good shape, could use some milk soon if anyone knows where to find some.
bobinator
AG
It's going to be interesting to see what this did to the food supply chain in the coming weeks. How did the power issues effect chickens, processing plants, etc?
halibut sinclair
Village Foods says they have milk and eggs.
trouble
AG
HEB is getting trucks today
lawless89
Kroger in Bryan on Boonville is well stocked. Here now
Geop84
AG
bobinator said:

It's going to be interesting to see what this did to the food supply chain in the coming weeks. How did the power issues effect chickens, processing plants, etc?
I have a friend who is a manager of a chicken hatchery in town. It was pretty much a disaster. Expect super high chicken prices for a while.
GSS
Yesterday afternoon (3:30-ish), the west Bryan Walmart was loaded with customers. On a long shot, I went in to see about milk. Walmart had pulled the entire frozen food, dairy, and meat...zero, zip on the shelves.
I'm assuming the power losses were the reason, and if they have that much onsite coolers/freezers, I'm impressed (with maybe generators for the coolers?).
NRA Life
TSRA Life
lawless89
lawless89 said:

They had plenty of frozen and fresh stuff. For some dumb reason, they were making everyone leave their full carts at the door after checking out. Then you had to go get your car and park it on the curb and retrieve your groceries and just hope no one took your cart. We did not follow this rule. It was chaos at the front door because of this.
Chase
AG
lawless89 said:

lawless89 said:

They had plenty of frozen and fresh stuff. For some dumb reason, they were making everyone leave their full carts at the door after checking out. Then you had to go get your car and park it on the curb and retrieve your groceries and just hope no one took your cart. We did not follow this rule. It was chaos at the front door because of this.
They didn't want to have to go get the carts...I heard them talking about it with a manager because people weren't doing as they asked and they didn't know what to do about it. Seemed a silly thing to worry about to me.

I talked to someone stocking the cheese section yesterday and found out that their frozen and refrigerated stuff at the Boonville Kroger is more stocked than most is because they had some trucks that delivered refrigerated Valentine's stuff still on-site when the problems happened and they moved a lot of the refrigerated/frozen items into those when the power started cutting out on them.

While I was there they lost power again but had turned off a bunch of things so the generators could run the store for longer each time they lost it. I basically shopped in the dark but some lights and the checkouts were functioning.
Oogway
Kroger in CS had milk, eggs, etc earlier this morning but very busy so that may be depleted by now; they weren't doing the cart thing, the parking lot is messy but melting fast.

Didn't check the meat as we have plenty.
Ronniecoleman30
AG
Went to Tower point HEB this morning, they had little produce. Was able to get lettuce, red cabbage, and mustard greens.

Fish and meat were pretty much empty. They were making bread and had deli meat and cheese in deli, but none on back wall.

They had a ton of eggs were stocking yogurt products. No milk or coffee creamer.

No toilet paper or dog food.

Trucks are coming, vendor products may take a little longer to fill up than store products.

I think Friday, Saturday and Sunday stores are going to struggle with demand. But by next weekend shelves should be replinished.
FlyRod
Thanks for the info folks. Hope the food bank people are doing ok.
MadDog73
AG
Has Kroger and/or HEB restocked eggs and milk? Thanks.
txbudda
I was at the HEB on Villa Maria today about 10am and they had milk and eggs not of them but they had them.
aggiemom89
In search of bread
AggieAces06
AG
aggiemom89 said:

In search of bread

If you can't find any in stores, try somewhere like Blue Baker that makes their own.
Tom in College Station
I just got home from Kroger on Rock Prairie and Longmire. They had milk, eggs, and meat. I didn't go down the bread aisle.
Ronniecoleman30
AG
College Station Walmart had decent stock produce, milk, half and half and cheeses.
jeffk
AG
N. Bryan HEB was fully stocked this afternoon.
rc_cat
HEB Tower Point was empty on milk and bread and candy/chips about 3 pm today. The prepared meals were pretty sparse - and the whole mushroom section was empty. They were actively restocking shelves - and a truck was arriving as we were leaving. Not sure about paper products.
Drilltime
Today HEB on Texas is pretty well stocked and the crowd is moderate. The exception is Romin Noodles and candy. Completely empty candy isle is bizarre.
Counterpoint
AG
Weird question, I know, but are the Meal Simples back in stock at HEB yet?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.