Plumbers in BCS

9,542 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Goose83
robbyhtown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In-laws pipes busted, anyone have a local suggestions for a plumber?
Chase
AG
robbyhtown said:

In-laws pipes busted, anyone have a local suggestions for a plumber?
No idea how his schedule looks but we have always used Mike @ Double D Plumbing. Does great work at good prices and is very personable.
toolshed
AG
2-3 plumbers I know have 300+calls to get to. It's going to be a nightmare. Supposedly shelves are empty at Lowe's/ Home Depot. Plumbers have some parts on hand but usually replenish their stocks every day or two at parts houses. With state wide or regional disaster, I'd anticipate people not having water for a long time.

I turned water off for a lady yesterday after lunch. The plumber she got ahold of said he could get there tomorrow afternoon. Assuming he can maintain his schedule.

Holman plumbing
JBG plumbing
Tim Bailey Plumbing
Ed Phillips plumbing
aggiemom89
Holman. They answered the phone yesterday when nobody else would
aggiedoc100
AG
Gus at Eagle plumbing
979-450-5346
"They say I'm apathetic, but I don't really care" Robert Earl Keen
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Smeghead4761
I had a pipe burst late yesterday afternoon. Called about 10 plumbers so far. Only 3 actually answered.

Ed Philips (my normal plumber, installed my water heater) - said they're just making a list, they'll call when they get to your name
Tim Bailey - office manager (I think) said she was still on her way to the office and would call back when she got there. Still waiting.
Maroon Plumbing - said they might be able to get there this afternoon and would call when I was next up.

Also got busy signals from Holman and Double D. I haven't heard a busy signal in years.
CS78
Where's it busted? I might be able to fix it but I don't really mess with crawl spaces, attics, etc. Any pics?
Tailgate88
AG
aggiedoc100 said:

Gus at Eagle plumbing
979-450-5346
+1 Gus.
pdaddy
AG
Contact Dailey Company in Houston, Lockhart and College Station

College Station Office:
Phone: 979-694-4044
Fax: 979-846-0159
Email: service@daileycompany.net

PDaddy
hopeandrealchange
I just left the Lowe's in College Station. They closed at 5 today.
Plumbing dept was well stocked. And staff was restocking as I was pulling fittings off the shelf.
toolshed
AG
Holman actually has power at their office from what I could tell, so that likely helps with answering the phone if they have phones that plug into power as well. Lots of people have moved to cordless which wouldn't do any good if the power is out. So that may explain some of the non answers unless you're getting a voice message/ answering machine.

Old school phones would be fine if power was out, but we tossed those years ago when we got rid of the landline. (Actually, my hoarding self probably still has one now that I think of it)
aggiebeck
I called Holman's Quality Plumbing yesterday and they answered the phone and I was able to talk to a real person. Malek Service Company also has licensed plumbers - https://malekservice.com/plumbing/
TXCityGirl
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is owned locally by Tom Lyne Plumbing 979-464-573
Smeghead4761
Ed Philips got my puppies fixed this morning.

Now I don't have water from Wickson.
Chase
AG
Langenator said:

I had a pipe burst late yesterday afternoon. Called about 10 plumbers so far. Only 3 actually answered.

Ed Philips (my normal plumber, installed my water heater) - said they're just making a list, they'll call when they get to your name
Tim Bailey - office manager (I think) said she was still on her way to the office and would call back when she got there. Still waiting.
Maroon Plumbing - said they might be able to get there this afternoon and would call when I was next up.

Also got busy signals from Holman and Double D. I haven't heard a busy signal in years.
Yeah, there were definitely intermittent problems with phone service both at people's offices/homes and with the cell services, as well. Had a few people I had to reach that didn't have active service for over two days.
halibut sinclair
Langenator said:

puppies??
Rydyn
AG
QQ for the thread.

What rate is being charged? Should I expect the $90 an hour rate or some sort of emergency rate?
No one is going to give you the education [power / freedom] that you need to overthrow them.
Smeghead4761
halibut sinclair said:

Langenator said:

puppies?

Stupid phone. No puppies, I only have cats. And they're already fixed before the cold came.
Smeghead4761
Rydyn said:

QQ for the thread.

What rate is being charged? Should I expect the $90 an hour rate or some sort of emergency rate?
My total was $203 and it took about 45 minutes. That was with 2 guys, although one looked to be about 19 or 20, so I'm assuming apprentice.
toolshed
AG
Usually $90ish an hour for one guy, $120-140 for two guys plus parts. I imagine they'll charge a little more, and likely can charge more for off hour emergency work. Not sure if they will though.
Rydyn
AG
Thanks for the answers!
No one is going to give you the education [power / freedom] that you need to overthrow them.
Counterpoint
AG
CS78 said:

Where's it busted? I might be able to fix it but I don't really mess with crawl spaces, attics, etc. Any pics?
If that's an open offer, I have a leak under my pier & beam house, but it is VERY easy to get to (right at the edge of the house and no confined spaces (probably 4 ft tall?) if that makes a difference.
Grumpy
AG
I'm in College Station and I called several of the companies mentioned in this thread. Maroon Plumbing answered the phone last Friday and fixed my pipe burst last night. They charged $150/hour, but it was worth it after 8 days without water.
toolshed
AG
I listen to Michael Berry out of Houston. He had show sponsors on on Monday talking about things to do post freeze.

One of them was a plumbing sponsor. He said they have over 47,000 phone calls, several thousand website and email requests. He said he has no idea how to get to people and told them to take the first company that responds and not wait for their loyalty to a company to help them out.

I can't imagine the stress of that! Getting to customers on top of trying to find parts for all of the needed repairs.
legalbird
Free advice to plumbers.

Disable the "contact us" on your website

Update Facebook with something like, we are not answering the phone. State that we a X number of days with wait list. Plumbing supply status.

Unplug phone

Stop any TV advertising and save that money or hire a person. I know people that have called and left messages and filled out forms on websites. Wasted time when expectations were high.

This will save everyone grief.
Chase
AG
toolshed said:

I listen to Michael Berry out of Houston. He had show sponsors on on Monday talking about things to do post freeze.

One of them was a plumbing sponsor. He said they have over 47,000 phone calls, several thousand website and email requests. He said he has no idea how to get to people and told them to take the first company that responds and not wait for their loyalty to a company to help them out.

I can't imagine the stress of that! Getting to customers on top of trying to find parts for all of the needed repairs.

Dayumn...that's a ton of calls even though many are likely repeats.

legalbird said:

Free advice to plumbers.

Disable the "contact us" on your website

Update Facebook with something like, we are not answering the phone. State that we a X number of days with wait list. Plumbing supply status.

Unplug phone

Stop any TV advertising and save that money or hire a person. I know people that have called and left messages and filled out forms on websites. Wasted time when expectations were high.

This will save everyone grief.

Sound advice...and from a lawyer? I kid.

Agreed...Letting people know wait times or impossibilities up front would be a smart move for all right now.
Goose83
AG
Out of curiosity, what are the wait times around BCS for a good master plumber at the moment?

I imagine it was probably easier to get one last week before everything thawed then it is now.

EBrazosAg
AG
They were all very busy last week - and the smart ones were capping off non critical burst and moving on. Now they will be going back to do permanent repairs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
legalbird
So far, I am seeing $350 an hour.. I have a very specific, 2 hour job. Easy to quote and very straight forward.
Stupe
S
How is $350 / hr not price gouging?
legalbird
I won't comment on the gouge!!!!

I know that I have called three plumbers for my job, and all three said $800+.

Hopefully nobody is going to say I don't know what I am talking about. I know my job is 2 hours or less. I am simply reporting the facts.
JP76
legalbird said:

I won't comment on the gouge!!!!

I know that I have called three plumbers for my job, and all three said $800+.

Hopefully nobody is going to say I don't know what I am talking about. I know my job is 2 hours or less. I am simply reporting the facts.

What is the scope of the repair you are needing done ?
dubi
AG
Quote:

What is the scope of the repair you are needing done ?
I'd be hiring a very capable handyman.
76Ag
AG
I went to Katy Ace Hardware on Saturday here in Katy. They had the plumbing aisle blocked off. You hade to talk to an employee in that aisle to get what you needed. They were out of many things but had lots of some parts, too.
legalbird
J
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.