Plumbers in BCS

9,627 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Goose83
Chase
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
legalbird said:

if you are a plumber and got experience with hot water tankless , send email
job will be simple...replacing same model of water heater with new heater

send email droidaggie @gmail.com

job will be two hours max
Hardest part about tankless is venting to the outside if you put it interior to the house...I installed my own on an exterior wall. Is yours external?
JP76
So you want to pay $100 labor to install an $1800 tankless heater ?

Word on the street is most tankless manufacturers are multi months out from demand resulting in back orders but good luck with your adventure.

maddiedou
AG
Legal bird. Do you still have my number. I cannhelp you. I am pretty sure

979-eight two o l87o
maddiedou
aggiebeck
Malek is offering 24/7 plumbing services now as well - https://malekservice.com/plumbing/
EBrazosAg
AG
aggiebeck said:

Malek is offering 24/7 plumbing services now as well - https://malekservice.com/plumbing/

That's rich. 6-7 yr ago Malek AC came to my 80 yo pops house, climbed up to attic, came back down and told him he needed a plumber because it was the pan drain to vent pipe issue, left and sent a $150 bill. Think I'll pass on the Malek plumbing, bathroom remodel, etc services.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maddiedou
AG
Yep. To be in business sometime you just have to eat those service calls when it really cost you pennies to look at and give opinion

maddiedou
Chase
AG
maddiedou said:

Yep. To be in business sometime you just have to eat those service calls when it really cost you pennies to look at and give opinion

As a small business owner myself, If you go to someone's house, you likely don't eat the service call because there is likely lost opportunity for other things you didn't schedule to consider.

That said, I definitely think doing nothing and being there a few minutes gives a business a choice between strict billing practices and doing something that casts you in a better light when that person talks about you later.

I am curious, though, why a company that does HVAC wouldn't work on drain pan lines in the attic...never had an HVAC company not do so myself.
legalbird
A generality: If you can make $300 an hour during non-crisis time, and not fix a problem, then free advice really isn't out of the question.

Won't name names, but I have paid $$$$ to a major HVAC company and problem was not resolved. Nobody ever said, this one is on the house.
maddiedou
AG
Chase said:

maddiedou said:

As a small business owner myself, If you go to someone's house, you likely don't eat the service call because there is likely lost opportunity for other things you didn't schedule to consider.

That said, I definitely think doing nothing and being there a few minutes gives a business a choice between strict billing practices and doing something that casts you in a better light when that person talks about you later.

I am curious, though, why a company that does HVAC wouldn't work on drain pan lines in the attic...never had an HVAC company not do so myself.

Okay then charge them 25 bucks but it should never be a full price for doing nothing.

Now again I have no clue where the individual lived and it may have been justified

I have always had this rule I do not travel pass hwy6 and 2818 but as a ac/electrical/plumbing company that is a game killer for them They have no choice
maddiedou
EBrazosAg
AG
Less than 3 miles from their office. And it was not having a drain pipe in the vent. It had come out. Hardly a plumbing problem. But not one elderly man with bad knees could diagnose or fix. And not in city or ETJ. So not a code issue. Just bad service. Not trying to make it a blanket issue either. Just saying my situation and decision on a forum. I'm certain I was the 1%.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maddiedou
AG
Yep. Again I know I am not a good person to respond but I would not have charged for that and I probably could have fixed at no charge whatsoever

But again I do not have the overhead they have but even if I did I could not morally charge that

I doubt very seriously you are in the one percent
maddiedou
EliteElectric
I posted this in another thread -

Quote:

We have one standing order in our service department, if you go to a house for a no power call and find out city power is out, or that they have a tripped GFCI breaker or any other "minor" problem a homeowner should be able to figure out on their own, and it takes us a few minutes to find we no bill them. That good will has taken us a long way, and that type of stuff is why I went into business to begin with..
**The following is my personal opinion only**

People remember when they got done dirty and remember when they got a solid. Sometimes we go reset a GFI and the owner is embarrassed that they didn't try that, or perform some other quick repair that essentially costs me nothing but a 1/2 hour of labor and a little fuel. That is the best advertising in the world! I couldn't buy that advertisement for 30 dollars anywhere.

That person is going to go to church, the grocery store, the ballgame or wherever, and when they hear someone talking about a need for an electrician, they will recommend us. I could get on here everyday pontificating on topics great and small and never do as much good for my business as I can do treating people right. Word of mouth (or keyboard) is still some of the best space to occupy when it comes to growing a business, That's our belief and it has proven out for us over the past 11 years,
Goose83
AG
Talked to a friend earlier who told me that it's harder to get a hold of a plumber now than it was a month ago.

Glad this was a once in a lifetime storm, as I don't think the system could handle another anytime soon.
Counterpoint
AG
Goose83 said:

Talked to a friend earlier who told me that it's harder to get a hold of a plumber now than it was a month ago.

Glad this was a once in a lifetime storm, as I don't think the system could handle another anytime soon.

What's the reasoning for this? People are doing non-emergency stuff again?
Goose83
AG
Don't know - Guessing maybe Insurance and Warranty policies are now paying off, resulting in the commencement of longer term repair projects tieing up all available manpower.

ShinerBlonde
AG
It's definitely hard to get a plumber right now in B/CS. We are mid bathroom remodel and the plumber sub-contracted for the job did the shower fixtures, tub install and fixtures and toilet hookup Monday but had to wait for countertop install (later the same day) to do the sink fixtures/hookup. They told us they couldn't come back for the rest of the week to do it (this was yesterday morning) and it would be next week before they could send anyone. We told our general contractor to find another plumber because we aren't waiting another week to have working sinks in the bathroom. This is one of the more highly rated plumbers in town.
AnchorFoundation
Here's my recommendation. Even though it's from the perspective of under slab drain line repair, these guys all do good work:

4 Best BCS Plumbers
Goose83
AG
AnchorFoundation said:

Here's my recommendation. Even though it's from the perspective of under slab drain line repair, these guys all do good work:

4 Best BCS Plumbers
Thank you - Will pass this on.
ShinerBlonde
AG
Came back to add that All Service Pro came by this morning to finish up our bathroom sinks and they were fast and showed up when they said they would. They were much easier to work with than the other plumbing company we were using and got us on their schedule much quicker. I'll use them again.
jbr
AG
FYI...

I called and got on the list on 3/8 for two burst pipes. They were doing repairs in order of calls.

I called last Wednesday (3/24)and they up to calls on March 3rd and 4th. I called yesterday (3/31) and they were up to March 6th & 7th.

Goose83
AG
jbr said:

FYI...

I called and got on the list on 3/8 for two burst pipes. They were doing repairs in order of calls.

I called last Wednesday (3/24)and they up to calls on March 3rd and 4th. I called yesterday (3/31) and they were up to March 6th & 7th.

Wow.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.