Anyone get a notice about water shut off?

8,005 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Drewmeister
gunan01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hallelujah!
scd88
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Waterchick, thanks for posting here. Do you know the status of the line break that was supplying Wellborn Water? There are a bunch of us with no water still this AM.

Edit: Just got this alert:

Alert from Wellborn Special Utility District: RESTORING WATER

Date: Feb 18, 2021

Wellborn Special Utility District has partially restored water production and we are currently attempting to fill our tanks.

We are requesting all customers immediately discontinue all water usuage to allow the tanks to build pressure.

We will continue to keep you updated.

Thank you.

Good news. Thanks for posting. We are not there but on our way.
techno-ag
AG
Now that the rolling power outages are over maybe folks in the rural areas can get their water back from Wickson & Wellborn.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Oogway
Speaking of Wellborn water, did Bear X by the Barracks drain their big pool prior to the big freeze or are they trying to keep the water moving until it warms up? I think they're on that system.
scd88
AG
Oogway said:

Speaking of Wellborn water, did Bear X by the Barracks drain their big pool prior to the big freeze or are they trying to keep the water moving until it warms up? I think they're on that system.

Barracks residents are using that pool to fill their toilet tanks with water....
techno-ag
AG
Hope there's not a fire out there. T&P for our rural VFDs making do with low or no water pressure.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Oogway
It'll do in a pinch, for sure.

We were fortunate that our pipes were good even though we lost power in the midtown area, good insulation job came through for us.

Hopefully all the pumps can go full bore now and the leaks can get repaired.
FlyRod
Can anyone in Bryan confirm that water pressure is still low? Coming out of my kitchen faucet but a trickle. Bathroom flows are fine on hot, low on cold.
90 bull
AG
And the same for Wickson? Ours is more than a trickle, but still a third of normal
Smeghead4761
90 bull said:

And the same for Wickson? Ours is more than a trickle, but still a third of normal

I was home (Steep Hollow Cir) late morning to get my pipe fixed. Nothing coming out of any sink.
waterchick
FlyRod - are you on City of Bryan's system, or Wickson? I had thought Bryan's system had improved - but I don't work for them so I don't have any official information.
FlyRod
Bryan's system. I just checked the outdoor faucets and they are fine, normal flow. Hoping it's just a temp thing, or a city thing, and not a mystery burst pipe.
Chase
AG
FlyRod said:

Can anyone in Bryan confirm that water pressure is still low? Coming out of my kitchen faucet but a trickle. Bathroom flows are fine on hot, low on cold.
Ours in central Bryan isn't low at all...we're capable of running as normal.
Rockdoc
AG
Wellborn still not a drop.
FlyRod
Ok just unscrewed the washer on end of tap and now water coming out full blast like normal. Yup I'm an idiot.
fcag
AG
Email update from Wickson just now:

Quote:

Now that electricity has been restored%2c we have been able to check equipment at plant sites. Well motors are burnt up at 2 wells sites. We are in the process of replacing one motor now and trying to locate a 2nd motor for the other well. We are also talking with the City of Bryan about purchasing water from them when they have capacity. Our crews are working around the clock to restore service as soon as possible. We will issue another update as soon as more information is known. We are still under a boil water notice. Please call the office for emergencies only. Thank you for your patience.
Drewmeister
AG
My water pressure in SE Bryan never dropped perceptibly, but I hooked up a pressure gauge yesterday and it read 79 psi. Just checked again and it's now 91. Back in the summer, it was 96 psi.

I think standard residential supply is 60, so still well above that (and probably a bit high in the "normal" summer state).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.